Sell or trade my terminator for a 1993 cobra?

LBSVT93

Established Member
So I am debating selling my 2004 torch red cobra with 7k miles on it for a 1993 cobra. What do you guys think? I've had fox bodys and new edge mustangs through out the years. I keep coming back to fox body's however. I'm looking for a weekend cruiser car cruise car. Just looking for opinions on what to do. I like the fox because it takes me back in time and it's way easier to work on. If you could have a terminator or a 1993 which would you pick and why?

Thanks

Luke

1slohawk

Established Member
There two completely different cars. I like my 93 for crusing around the local area and taking to car cruises. Anything longer distance I take the 03 it's more comfortable, better gas mileage, and reliable.

Last edited:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
You will hate yourself if you do that. Having both is great but the Terminator is far superior in every way.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
With a 7k Terminator I would not trade for the 93. Unless like above it was a R model. Or if it was a mid/high mile terminator for a very low mile 93 I might do it. 93's aren't pulling that much money unless it is a still in the wrapper car or a R model. You can find one with 20-50k miles for 10-15k.

buddha93

Established Member

LBSVT93

Established Member
I know everyone says I'm crazy if I sell it but I really do miss the raw feel of a fox, and how easy they are to work on. It's not hard or expensive to add a cam to a fox and get that legendary 302 pushrod sound. Not so much with the cobra. I wish I could have both but budget won't allow that. I've seen low mile 1993's going for anywhere from 22-27 on auto trader. I didn't realize they were going that high. I found a local one with 60k on it for 15k. I might go take a look at it.

LBSVT93

Established Member
I also considered a low mile gt or lx and throw some money in the bank but then I figure I would end up spending the extra cash to mod the thing to equal the power of the cobra. We all know how much mods cost even for a fox.

buddha93

Established Member
I know everyone says I'm crazy if I sell it but I really do miss the raw feel of a fox, and how easy they are to work on. It's not hard or expensive to add a cam to a fox and get that legendary 302 pushrod sound. Not so much with the cobra. I wish I could have both but budget won't allow that. I've seen low mile 1993's going for anywhere from 22-27 on auto trader. I didn't realize they were going that high. I found a local one with 60k on it for 15k. I might go take a look at it.

Pricing is all over the place on these cars. You can do better than $15k for a 60k mile car.

Come over to 1993 Cobra Registry and check out the cars for sale section. WillyB and a few others post up cars on daily basis from around the country. Kinda one-stop shopping if your looking. It will give you a pretty good idea of pricing, and we generally give our 2 cents on the overall value.

WillyB93

Established Member
Like buddha said, we all work together to add cars for sale on the site. Its a tough call to jump back into a fox verse a terminator, they both have their good and bad's to them!! You just need a Modfox, keep the power of the 03/04 but have the body of the fox.

Last edited:

rolltide93

Established Member
Although my buddy has a torch red termi and I don't, he has let me borrow it a couple times and I absolutely love it. Lots of power but I always seem to come back to the fox platform, and the 93 cobra is the best when it comes to that.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
They never made a torch red "termi". All "termis"were painted pink to differentiate them from the mans car.

[/B]
Although my buddy has a torch red termi and I don't, he has let me borrow it a couple times and I absolutely love it. Lots of power but I always seem to come back to the fox platform, and the 93 cobra is the best when it comes to that.

WillyB93

Established Member
I think he sold the 03 but not for sure what he replaced it with.

dom418

Established Member
If the fox body takes you back then you have a sentimental attachment to these cars. You probably don't care that the terminator is more advanced. It's all about how you feel when you are behind the wheel.

Just as I have an attachment to the terminator because it brings me back to when I was 20, that was the car to have. I could give a rats behind about the new Shelby. Not for me, too big, too expensive. I love the styling of the 03-04 cobra.

I say if the fox makes you feel good buy it. You only live once. You should be able to get $25k at least for your car. That will buy you an almost new 93. I think both cars are timeless and will always old there value. Good luck

Edit: just saw the date of the original post oops

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread