sell my 01 cobra with 03 eng/trans/2.3 whipple for 03/04 Cobra?

rw93cobra

Established Member
I have a 01 ZY cobra with a 03 eng, t56, 2.3 whipple w/3.0 pulley, sra out of 98 cobra, and supporting mods. My buddy who I bought it from and did all the work its bugging me to buy it back. I sold my 00 gt a few months ago with the old engine out of the 01 to buy a 03/04 cobra, and at the same time my buddy offered me this 01 for 13k. I guess after a few months of not having one he wants it back. He said he would give me 13.5K for it and I can pull off the small bolt-ons I did for the 03/04.
The body/paint on the 01 is probably a 8/10 and I'm not too crazy about the yellow, but I love the power it puts out. I also like the 03/04 bodies much better and would love to get a SB, CO, or mystic. With winter coming soon, I figure maybe the 03/04's might be coming down in price alittle for those that need to sell them.
If I keep the 01, I'd probably get it repainted with some black down the road and maybe put some 03/04 body parts on. It still needs the t56 input shaft upgraded, and the rear needs wheel spacers for the wheels to fit right so I'd either put a irs back in or a mach 1 rear.
I just wanted to get some opinions on selling this to get the 03/04 and if the prices for a 03/04 will continue to drop much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread