Sell CCW Classics to fund my build or keep them?

JCH03SVT

Established Member
So here is my dilemma. I recently sold my 2.3 Whipple in order to upgrade to a 2.9. My car is still on the stock clutch, stock manifolds, and is running a boost a pump. I sold a used return system and my 60lb injectors to go towards a new Fore system and a different set of injectors. I feel like the car will be down awhile with me wanting to do long tubes, a clutch, and fuel system with the 2.9. Would I be stupid to throw on a set of 17in chrome stock wheels and sell my classics to fund the stuff I need? I had an offer of $2,900 for my wheels and tires. Just don't know if I'd regret it. But I'd also like to get the car going again over the next couple of months and could always get another set of wheels. Here's a pic as it looks now for reference
image.jpg

Woody6799

Established Member
keep them. If you really want a 2.9 you will save and get one. Then you will have a 2.9 and ccw's.... your complete vision and not just half of it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with above. I finally got the TF wheels I've been wanting for quite sometime. Wheels truly make or break a car imo. Save up the funds and keep the ccw.

JCH03SVT

Established Member
keep them. If you really want a 2.9 you will save and get one. Then you will have a 2.9 and ccw's.... your complete vision and not just half of it.

I agree with above. I finally got the TF wheels I've been wanting for quite sometime. Wheels truly make or break a car imo. Save up the funds and keep the ccw.

Well yall both make some good points. Just so much to do still lol It would have been nice if the previous owners had touched the fuel system, exhaust, or clutch. Just one out of the 3 would have been a big help! Just ready to have the power and set up I really want I guess.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I would keep them and slowly get the parts for your build. Wheels will set your cars apart from others. Yea ppl always have classics on the internet but it's not something you'd see at every show.

gabe1530

Banned
keep them. i regret selling my bbs rk's to fund my build and now i realized i didnt need to. it might take you a little bit longer but it will be worth it in the long run.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

+1

those rims look badass…. keep 'em you'll regret it when they're shipping off!! :rockon:

JCH03SVT

Established Member
I do like the fact that these wheels set the car apart from the avenge car. After seeing your responses it seems like slow and steady will be the way to go instead of a spur of the moment decision for extra cash. I guess even if the car has to stay down for awhile, it'll be worth it once everything is done.

mrose75

Established Member
I searched for 8 months for my SSR GT3's. I've had them for 8 years now. I e now and again I catch myself drooling over some of Steve's TF or even some 18in Chrome reps and think about it. But the regret would be terrible. I can't do it.

JCH03SVT

Established Member
I searched for 8 months for my SSR GT3's. I've had them for 8 years now. I e now and again I catch myself drooling over some of Steve's TF or even some 18in Chrome reps and think about it. But the regret would be terrible. I can't do it.

The more I look at them the more I feel the same way. Not sure if I could live with a stock wheel after having a high end set of wheels. It might just have to stay down for awhile until I get everything together lol

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
I'd sell them but it depends on your financial situation. They do look really good on your car though and I only think they look good on a few colors! Stock wheels or saleens look the best IMO

JCH03SVT

Established Member
Keep them Jamie.. you're crazy if you don't, unless you sell them to me of course! ;)

Haha you would definitely have dibs!

I'd sell them but it depends on your financial situation. They do look really good on your car though and I only think they look good on a few colors! Stock wheels or saleens look the best IMO

I can free with that. I honestly like stock wheels better than anything else unless it's a CCW or TF wheel, then there's not much of a comparison. I guess the general consensus is to stick with these!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Do not sell them only to fund something else....You will be mad later when you are looking to buy something you already had.

+10000 , this guy gets it. There is nothing more aggravating than buying the same mod twice. If these are the wheels you like, how silly would it feel to order them AGAIN. That wouldn't sit well with me.

Users who are viewing this thread