self protection?

nhancedsvt

Established Member
ok so i go to college in a big town and frequently have to drive through high crime areas to get to work. i'm not really worried but then again i am a long way from home. what would be your choice of personal protection weapon? i wanted to get a small pistol but i think i have to be 21 to have one in my possession. is that right?

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
I grew up in a bad part of Dallas, Texas and my 357 never failed me. I never had to use it but I pulled it out a couple of times.

mustangkid05

Established Member
to the op grow a sack............im jk lol if i were you and couldnt carry a pistol, you should just keep a bat in youre ride

nhancedsvt

Established Member
put it this way the arear around my school is so bad that one of my friends (a girl) had a flat tire and called me to help change it. i told the campus police (which are real cops) and asked if they would meet me there. they sent 3 cop cars and surrounded her car like they were ready for attack! lol

Mach1threat

OoO
Established Member
It is not legal to own a handgun in most states until 21, so It is illegal to carry also. Just throw a rifle in the trunk lol just kidding

Last edited:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
You have to be 21 to possess and conceal carry a weapon. When you do turn 21, my Walther PPK/S is very easy to conceal. It's like wearing nothing at all. And a hot load .380ACP from Corbon is sufficient for self defense.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
If you carry an illegal weapon and get found out just plan on atleast spending a day in jail.
I will ask what town is this in ? Before I say grow a sack. :D

jf4boogie

Established Member
I know the laws vary from state to state, but isnt carrying a concealed handgun considered a fairly serious crime (maybe not a felony, but still pretty serious)?

Since you live in GA I dont have to ask what town..."high crime" area sums it up for me

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
to the op grow a sack............im jk lol if i were you and couldnt carry a pistol, you should just keep a bat in youre ride

A bat will do nothing but get you beat with it.

I would much rather tangle using bare hands then a bat anytime.

If you get jumped and you swing the bat, they crowd you. Take it away from you and now 3 guys are beating your ass, one with a bat.

nhancedsvt

Established Member
well i won't be here very much longer because i'm transferring. i'm curently at mercer university in downtown macon. i'm just sick of people getting stuff stolen from all the crackheads that live across the bridge...

dogmush

Established Member
If you're really that nervous, mace/taser might be a good bet. You might want to check into school policy about weapons on you/in your car. Would suck to end up a crackhead because you got kicked out of school for defending yourself from crackheads.

jshen

Established Member
If you're really that nervous, mace/taser might be a good bet. You might want to check into school policy about weapons on you/in your car. Would suck to end up a crackhead because you got kicked out of school for defending yourself from crackheads.

Absolutely!!! See OCGA 16-11-127.1. It is a felony to possess a weapon within 1000 ft of a school. The prohibition goes far beyond firearms and includes any weapons as defined in that code section.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
when i was younger i just carried the biggest screw driver i found at Autozone. Kept it under my seat.

Users who are viewing this thread