self porting a eaton.. ??

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Plenty of people have done it and there is even a how-to here on the forums. As long as you have basic mechanic abilities and patience and the proper tools, there is no reason why you shouldn't be successful.

-Eric

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Personally I wouldn't do it. I have a friend that purchased one that was home ported, and my cobra with. 2.93 and stock eaton made more power than his home ported blower with a 2.76. Both cars were tuned on the same dyno.

mnewxcv

Established Member
Personally I wouldn't do it. I have a friend that purchased one that was home ported, and my cobra with. 2.93 and stock eaton made more power than his home ported blower with a 2.76. Both cars were tuned on the same dyno.

....but his with a 2.93 would make more power than your stock blower. its a free mod and works.

Cobra03Mach1

Established Member
I ported my own. Haven't installed it yet but its pretty basic if u have the proper tools. I have access to a machine shop so it was fairly easy but it can be done without a mill. It just take time to do the polishing.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
....but his with a 2.93 would make more power than your stock blower. its a free mod and works.

Forgive me for not understanding what you're trying to say, but that makes no sense to me lol

Do you mean his crap port job and smaller pulley would make more power than mine if I was still running the stock blower pulley?

Last edited:

cbr repsol

Established Member
ive done one myself...honestly its a pita and i have lots of tools. save yourself and just send it to brian(posi)

mnewxcv

Established Member
Forgive me for not understanding what you're trying to say, but that makes no sense to me lol

Do you mean his crap port job and smaller pulley would make more power than mine if I was still running the stock blower pulley?

thats my bad i read it wrong. results are surprising though

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Yep it can be done and it's how I got Posi Performance started lol.

Seriously if you send pictures I can walk anyone through a Home Port. As long as you DO NOT get in a hurry and cut where I tell you to it'll show gains.

If not then well......you'll still be picking aluminum shavings out of all your pockets a month later rofl.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Mine is going next week! I would rather pay to have it done correctly rather than saving a few bucks and ruining it lol

0310thstock

Established Member
I did my own with good results. It takes time and patience. I had to do mine twice because I forgot to port the inlet! :bash:
I used Posi's thread and it was VERY helpful. Just don't over cut.

Users who are viewing this thread