selecting a tuner

96Cobracomander

Established Member
SCT vs Diablo vs who ever else makes one

On American Muscle if i order an SCT which model tuner should i order?

Also if i wanted just a pre canned tune to hold me over till i hit a real local dyno tuner, is Bama a good choice?

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Im not sure which sct to get, but I would definitely get SCT. It seems like there are significant more people that tune eith sct than diablo

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I had both. I preferred the diablo better, I think you can get more people to actually tune an SCT

Kiohtee

Established Member
SCT SF3/X3. More tuners to tune with them and they're stable as all get out. They're a little outdated though. Last I heard the LiveWire/iTSX were having some problems that need sorting. They look awesome though!

crazycarlo

Established Member
Id found out who you want to write the tune for your car then use whatever tuner they have. I have both a diablosport and an SCT. I see more people running sct and I like the livelink datalogging software for my computer. However the diablosport did everything i wanted and needed it to. If Im not mistaken though SCT is the only one who makes a tuner for the 96-97. Diablosport is only for 98 if I remember correctly.

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
live wire is no longer be made zhisel

sniper/diablo/sct will all do what you want them to do. the important thing to think about is are you going to get a dyno tune? what shop will you use? what software do THEY use? are you going to need mutliple tunes over time and you're setting your car up the way it will be for the next year or two?

personally im a fan of flip chips. wheather hi boost/ low boost or NA/n20 its great being able to switch tunes instantly and its also ALOT cheaper then a handheld tuner

Users who are viewing this thread