Seeking short-runner intake for my NA BB/S.

JeromeMach1

Established Member
I am in the market for obtaining the most suitable intake manifold for achieving my application goals. I know there are just a few guys out there who are capable of making an intake close to what I have already (Carlos' 9.8in). I would like to find out if they, or anyone else, can make one that will improve upon what I have already.

My goals are to make more HP across 6500-7K than I currently am without sacrificing any hp/tq below 6500rpm. If this is wishful thinking then how much loss below 6500rpm would I see?

My goal is to obtain an intake manifold from all the players at the same time. I will have each one installed on my car and the car will be dyno tuned with each intake. I will present the data to all interested parties. In the end I will purchase the intake that provides the best performance for my application. I already have the labor and dyno time lined up. Now I just need intake manifolds.

From my years on this board, I believe the main players would be Todd W, Todd H, and Roy. I do not know anyone else that makes an intake manifold that will meet my goals.

I hope you guys are willing to partake in this effort. This will be a good test to see the performance differences each of your intakes will provide.

The final thing to mention is the cost. This (R&R four intakes and dyno tune for each one) will cost me roughly $800 to complete. I kindly ask anyone who does send an intake to me to test to help cover the cost. Simply chip in what you are willing to.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about this effort I am happy to answer them. My goal is simply to find the most suitable intake manifold to meeting my requirements. The added bonus is seeing how each intake performs on my motor.

Thank you.

Jerome

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Not trying to be a dick here, but you want these guys to send you the intake knowing that you may not buy it and send it back to them? They would need to have a few hundred wrapped up in obtaining the intake, then hours upon hours of work into the intake. Afterwards, have the intake sent back and possibly sit on the intake they made for someones specific build and hope they find a buyer (although all of the named do great work and i doubt they would have trouble finding a buyer) to buy said intake. Just trying to understand what benefit these guys stand by competing for your buck.

Users who are viewing this thread