seeking Mach 1 supercharger pulley and timing cover information

Lifespeed

Hi,

I am the owner of a 2004 Mercury Marauder seeking information about the timing cover and supercharger retrofit, particularly if there are any similarities between the timing cover for the Mach 1 and the Marauder. Kenne Bell makes a nice kit for the Mach 1 using single-belt drive and short supercharger "snout". Unfortunately, KB does not wish to discuss their CARB-approved (gotta love California) kits in the context of anything other than the intended vehicle. And to be honest, I doubt they are that familiar with the Marauder anyway.

Does anybody here have some familiarity with the Mach 1 vs Marauder accessories and timing cover, especially in the context of the KB single-belt blower kit? The Marauder has the A/C on the side of the block passenger side, PS pump side of the block driver's side, alternator mounted in the valley of the block. There are two idlers and a single-bolt tensioner on the passenger side. I am trying to figure out if I should go for the KB '03-'04 Mach 1 single-belt drive, or the '03-'04 Cobra dual-belt drive. The Cobra drive is considerably different from the Marauder, however there are aftermarket brackets to fit the long-snout dual belt setup to the Marauder by reverse-mounting the alternator and bracketing a Cobra three-bolt tensioner to the passenger side near the valley of the block.

Users who are viewing this thread