See you guys.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Just wanted to say thank you to all the helpful people here and the friends that I have made. I may stop by periodically but I have sold my Cobra for a new beater a 2003 Corvette Coupe.

I will defend your Cobra's on the other forums however, anytime I can.

Once again, thank you kindly. And you guys be nice to the poor C5 owners :)

Blades

Established Member
looks to me GM must have given him a sweet sweet deal based on his loyality to their product. Is the escalade a new addition as well? I hate to say it but lincoln navigator ownz you.. IRS yo. :D jk nice rides... Im also wondering why tho..

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
:eek: :nonono: Well I hope it was one really sweet deal. Don't be a stranger and don't get mad if a few of us occasionally beat you at the track. :-D

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
I was looking for an automatic (boo, hiss) as my daily driver, the Z is too noisey and a stick also, my wifes Escalade...well she won't part with it.. yet I still wanted a sports car so I decided to part with the Cobra. The Cobra is a fine beast never to be discounted as it surely rates in the best bang for the hp buck out there IMHO that is.

As far as being beaten at the track, no contest I expect to be picked on quite regularly, I will still take the Z to the track so the crowd can oooh and ahhhh as a hot rodded Cobra takes its toll.

The deal wasn't spectacular just a few thousand off of sticker, and they let me use their money for free 0% interest. They gave me 27,500 roughly with the trade in.

So if you Las Vegas guys see a C5 medium spiral gray metallic running around, take it easy on me. If I am in my Z....let us rock!

:beer:

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
Z06_2002 is one of the coolest members on the board. He brought some great videos and good comments about the Cobra and the Z06.

In fact, I am glad the 0% on new 'vettes came out the day after I bought the Cobra or I might have been tempted to do the 7k off + 0% for 60 months on a new Z06.

When I comes down to it, the Cobra is just a better fit for me at this time in my life. If it stays reliable, I will be pleased for years to come.

Blades

Established Member
u gonna at least swap those wussy 2:73s out for us.. oh and dont forget a stall converter and some nittos.. :D

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
u gonna at least swap those wussy 2:73s out for us.. oh and dont forget a stall converter and some nittos.. :D

I got lucky the car came with the 3:15 performance axle ratio as an option, I keep saying don't mod don't mod but those Nitto's sound so cool :)

Orange Poison

Established Member
ZO6_2002,

You have had some impressive cars.....how many is this now? If you don't mind. I wish I could switch cars like that....:beer:

OverToad

Established Member
In a year or so, when you see a redfire with 10.5 chromes, and a TB that reads "El 'Sapo", be sure and remind me that you were here :) I'm moving that way, and I"ll cya at the track.
g'luck!

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Hey - there is no law that says you can't still hang around you know. ;-) Congrats on the awesome car - I would have a Electron Blue Z06 if I was in another tax bracket and without kids. :-D

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
Nice collection of rides ya got there, congrats on the new Vette, the 0% financing makes it a hard deal to pass up!

May I ask as well how much you sold our Cobra for?
just wondering what a very nice used 03 Cobra sells for, I've seen quite a bit for sale but not sold.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
feel free to post all your new videos on here Don! Nice talking to you on here and Z06vette.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Any pics of the Spiral Gray Mettalic Vette, I was trying to get one of those before I bought my Cobra. It was a little beyond my means. I still have yet to see that color.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Man you change cars like I change girlfriends.

Enjoy the new toy, and let us know when you get the next one.

Don't be a stranger.

Users who are viewing this thread