Secondary Chain adj. oil leak

BraMas

Established Member
I just finished putting my engine back together and was checking a few things out with it running and I had the oil cap off and just happen to look down into the engine and noticed a stream of oil coming from the secondary cam chain adjuster. At first I thought it might be normal but when I revved it seemed a little too uncontrolled. I'm assuming this is not supposed to be like this
Click on pic for video
th_2013-03-21_13-48-06_443_zps867bdcc6.jpg

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
wow, I've never seen that. nor is there an opening that should shoot oil like that. if it were my car- I'd check the oil pressure with a real gauge (not the in dash dummy gauge) and go from there.

BraMas

Established Member
I have a real gauge and it is 75psi cold but when I took the video it was warmed up and at 20 psi

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

BraMas

Established Member
I know that! this oil is shooting out toward the cams.
This is on the driver side adjuster what I believe to be excess oil is shooting out from where the casting and the metal plate meet on the adjuster. I'm just trying to verify if I'm being paranoid or if the adjuster is letting excess oil out in the wrong direction

BraMas

Established Member
OK I just happen to have an adjuster in the garage so here is what I'm looking at and thinking about doing.
2013-03-24_12-44-01_957_zps67f16dc9.jpg

I'm going to pull that cover off and reapply some black RTV on the cover making sure not to get any on what I believe to be the oil squirter for the secondary cams.
2013-03-24_12-44-18_418_zpsd4ec27d5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread