Second Set Of Lower Control Arms

TEABG

Banned
Dealer first installed control arms four months ago for symptoms that were related to the TSB indicated below. Last week the I noticed that control arms were beginning to make the same noise again. Unfortunately my factory Warranty expired, the dealer went ahead and covered the part due to Ford covers parts for a year or 12,000 miles. Recently I have heard of others who have had the replacement control arms go out within a short period of time. Anyone here??

2003-2004 Mustang - Front Suspension Noise

Some 2003-2004 Mustangs may exhibit a squeaking or crunching noise from the front suspension while driving over bumps or braking. This may be caused by the lower control arm bushings. To service, replace both lower control arms per workshop manual section 204-01. For LX vehicles, replace with XR3Z-3078-AA (Right Side) and XR3Z-3079-AA (Left Side). For GT vehicles, replace with XR3Z-3078-BA (Right Side) and XR3Z-3079-BA (Left Side). For Cobra/Mach vehicles, replace with 2R3Z-3078-AA (Right Side) and 2R3Z-3079-AA (Left Side). After replacing the control arms, check aligment and adjust if necessary. Verify that the noise is eliminated.

Symptom Code on Ford's OASIS is under 30400-Chassis Suspension System

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I know Shelby Guy has them...I'm sure he'll give us his opinion :-D

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
this is interesting to me because mine is going in to dealer for a few little things (extended warranty) and I was going to ask them about this TSB

TEABG

Banned
Dealer gave me a 06 Mustang V6 for (3) days. That car will never run the same. That V6 felt like my old 96 GT. The new Control Arms have a new design and will hopefully hold up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread