Second OEM Floormats on Ebay

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Sorry to say but they arent OEM mats. Original 93 Cobra mats say "COBRA" .They dont have a snake on them. I have a set of OEM black 93 mats for sale if anyone is interested. Drivers mat was covered in a think towel, passengers mat red letteres could use a good cleaning. These mat are 12 years old and in excellent condition

reyberg

Established Member
According to other things I have ead these are real. If they are not how about those Ford casting numbers? Anyone looked then up? Here is a thread I found where the second OEM Floormats were mentioned...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102030&highlight=floormat

....about 9 months ago I purchased some front and rear cobra rotors from this same seller and they were 100% NOS..all numbers matched. I wonder why he would try passing off a fake now?

Last edited:

9T3SVT

Established Member
I have both sets, the ones with the red writing and those. They both have the Ford Part # stamped on the bottom. The ones with the snake on them bunch up though. I paid $200 for the OEM ones and got the others from PPI for $90. That dude is trippin :thumbsup:

reyberg

Established Member
I wrote him and asked him about them and here it is...

Q: I was wondering about the authenticity of these? The only Cobra Floormats I know of have the only the word Cobra on them? Can you give me some history on these. Thanks-
Jun-12-05
A: These are the correct mat and part number sold by Ford 1993. The mats with the word Cobra on them Only came in the car from the assembly plant, they were never sold over the counter. I suggest you check the part number shown in the auction with your local Ford Dealer if you doubt their correctness. Thanks Rob

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
reyberg said:
I wrote him and asked him about them and here it is...

Q: I was wondering about the authenticity of these? The only Cobra Floormats I know of have the only the word Cobra on them? Can you give me some history on these. Thanks-
Jun-12-05
A: These are the correct mat and part number sold by Ford 1993. The mats with the word Cobra on them Only came in the car from the assembly plant, they were never sold over the counter. I suggest you check the part number shown in the auction with your local Ford Dealer if you doubt their correctness. Thanks Rob
That actually might be a correct statement though... I have never seen mats sold for the 93 with just the "Cobra" on them

svtdriven

Established Member
I got a set of those. the mats themselves are nice and thick like factory. but the snake logo is like an iron-on patch. better than nothing I guess.

Speedfreek

Established Member
These mats are accessory mats not OEM. You could get OEM with the COBRA on them accross the counter up until several years ago. I think the last set I bought was about 01, somewhere around there they were discontinued

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Technically those are OEM mats. The original mats were sold over the counter as I have bought several sets. At one point Ford sourced the mats from a different vendor and started selling the "revised" mats under the exact same part# as the original OEM replacements. So they are OEM replacement mats, but simply a revised style (less desirable IMO).

I work in the parts department at a Ford dealer (Henry Day Ford), and have worked in parts since '96. A buddy of mine came in and ordered 10 sets of the original grey "cobra" mats for $32 each back in '98. When they came in, there were 7 sets of the originals and 3 sets of the "revised" mats. After many phone calls to Ford I got the reply stated above.

I personally have about 5 sets of the originals, but they're all used (I replaced them about once a year). Luckily I kept all of them, but unfortunately I used all of them too. Wish they were new still.

Did you guys know in addition to the grey and black, they were offered in red and blue as well? No lies...

Ford part# F3ZZ-6113086-AAC (red), F3ZZ-6113086-AAK (royal blue).

PJM99

Established Member
those mats are horrible. I bought a set a few years back for $40. They're terrible. Very poor qaulity. They are very thin and the seams come undone. Yes, they have Ford part numbers but they are not OEM quality.

9T3SVT

Established Member
PJM99 said:
those mats are horrible. I bought a set a few years back for $40. They're terrible. Very poor qaulity. They are very thin and the seams come undone. Yes, they have Ford part numbers but they are not OEM quality.

I agree, and like I said before, those mats are not quality pieces at all. They are way more flimsy and they bunch up really bad. That auction should end with no buyers, we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread