Second car C70 Volvo ragtop

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Any other C70 ragtop junkies. They make great garage mates to the Terminator. Great 2nd car. Wish they had Sonic blue. Mystic blue close enough.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Forgot to take a look at your ride and how the Meziere looks installed. Next time...

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Adam...can hardly see the freakin thing. Man did I notice the added HP.
We shall see the cooling advantage (55GPM vs 35) at Willow in 2 weeks. After a hard run just leave the key on and it continues to cool at 55GPM steady.

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
Nice, my mom is about to pick up a c70 vert. Do they come with a tip tronic style tranny or is it a straight automatic?

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Bill,
When did you last dyno? I keep thinking about putting it in and getting told it doesn't make 'much' difference.
It would be nice to get a real world Cobra 'before and after' dyno with no other mods.
I may do that. How big a deal is it to install?
James

Originally posted by BALDSNAKE
Adam...can hardly see the freakin thing. Man did I notice the added HP.
We shall see the cooling advantage (55GPM vs 35) at Willow in 2 weeks. After a hard run just leave the key on and it continues to cool at 55GPM steady.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
"Mr." Mortimer?

Cut the Mr. crap and we will talk :p .

I will dyno car soon at Swansons. First we do Willow, then dyno. That will give us true before/after on Meziere. It does free up a lot of parysitic HP loss.

Just watched Talledega....man I'm thinking of a 64 point roll bar, fuel cell, fire suit and extiguisher system. ( incl. my day to day driver!)

maoun

Established Member
lol, really? i picked up a c70 last nite man!!! i love it :)

2004 high pressure turbo....in the dark blue with cream interior and the panos rims....!!!

i love it :)

fakesnake.com

Established Member
When it comes time to replace the tires wait until you see the price. If they are still putting on Michelins they were friggin expensive. I switched to Kumho and they worked just fine.

The resale value dropped like a rock on those cars. I couldn't give the car away so I bent over and traded it in on the Cobra.

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
do these come with a tiptronic option? Just tryin to get my mom to get the best for her.....and a little something for me :D

maoun

Established Member
no tiptronic option...sorry..

remember, this one was built by volvo, not a ford-owned volvo..

hence why it doesn't have some stuff the others have

03snakerush

Established Member
on the c-70..

So.. On the c-70 has the window bound up yet, check engine light come on yet, bulb integrity light come on yet, excessive body flex causing numerous squeaks, rattles, and noises come up yet, the sunvisors breaking at the hinges yet, the power seats becoming inop or the fold back function of the seats stop working yet, and too many oil leaks, power steering leaks to list occured yet?????
OH.......give it time or 1,000 miles and it will. Sorry, but working as a tech for Volvo for the last 6 years has given me a little too much insight to the "quality" issues Volvo has. I thank god I drive a Ford and hope that Ford will finally institute some change since it owns Volvo. (rant over):bash:

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
I agree that since Ford bought volvo the quality has gone in the crapper. My pops worked for volvo as a service manager I'd say around 10-15 years ago, when volvo's were quality cars. We had around 8-10 classic volvos out front of our house at any given moment....all works in progress. Maybe I'll have my mom check out some other cars...

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I forgot about those noises. My c70's dash had a squeak in the dash and the window noise was obnoxious.

After 2 years the resale value dropped 50%.

I couldn't give away the car because no one had really heard of this model. Most people only know the 4 door models.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
The truth be known ...I don't have a Volvo....won't have one! Just wanted to see comments about this car....and mini flame Maoun who by the way seems to have held his own in the jungles of South Hoover (USC neighbohood). Way to go Maoun!

Users who are viewing this thread