Sebring Track Guys Roll Call

HansHeinen

SHELBYS ARE ME
Established Member
Let's start a roster for The Track Guys Sebring event.
I'll start-
My name: Hans

My cars- 2007 White ShelbyGT- my track car.
2013 Grey GT500- Track Pack

Sirl

Established Member
I'll Play :)
Mitch
2000 Red GT

This will be my 4th year at this event. Really enjoy it.

Last edited:

HansHeinen

SHELBYS ARE ME
Established Member
Great Guys! Looking forward to the event. First time with track guys but solo qualified with Chin. I will have 2 bays on pit row. Come by and say HI. I am doing some tuning with Justin on Friday afternoon with VMP on the 2007 ShelbyGT. It's going to be a blast!

white88lx

Established Member
I'm in. 2008 gt500. . First time doing an event like this , have alot of experience drag racing thou.

Any helpful tips on what I'm going to need?

Sirl

Established Member
I'm sure you will have a great time.
I would start with the "Sticky" at the top of this forum,
Lots of good info there.

HansHeinen

SHELBYS ARE ME
Established Member
Also go on track guys website and they have a checklist of things you might need. What you will need for sure=brake pads unless you are being soft on the corners. Although with a GT500 I would for sure get some sport pads, at least some mild hawk pads. If you are running touring or stock pads, you will surely have brake fade. lot's of gas! there is a shell station up the road from the track although I hate driving out so I bring it with me. A Snell approved helmet. Some blue painters tape if you want to tape up the front of your car. You will get rubber pieces from others tires and track debris on your front end. Before I got the xpel clear bra I used to do. I still tape up my headlights though(don't do this if you have to drive off site). Water, power steering fluid, brake fluid( I run Motul 600) brake cleaner, A jack, tire gauge and a good attitude, politeness and etiquette. Who came for the race?!? I hope no one! This is not a race! One week from now and I will be at Sebring. I haven't been since beginning of March! My right foot is itching!! Keep the roll call coming!

NGO

Established Member
I'm in. 2008 gt500. . First time doing an event like this , have alot of experience drag racing thou.

Any helpful tips on what I'm going to need?

Ran my first HPDE event at Sebring in April, what a blast.
1. Def read the sticky
2. Watch some video of the American Iron cars to get an idea of the line. Your instructor will make you run more of a safe line the first day but videos really help.
3. Don't be stubborn like me and change your brake fluid, put on new pads and bleed the brakes well.
4. Check your ego at the door

HansHeinen

SHELBYS ARE ME
Established Member
It was a great weekend! A gigantic thanks to Jeff and Dell and all the Track Guys crew, not to mention all the track volunteers. What a fantastic Mustang event. I really hope I can make it next year!

Sirl

Established Member
Sorry I didnt get to meet you.
They kept instructors pretty busy as well.
but the weather was terrific, and lots of great cars!!

I was able to run my PB at 2:37

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
Damn. Sorry I missed this thread. I was there and had a great time. Hans, it was a pleasure meeting you and hanging you guys (we were garaged next to each other). Both of your Shelby's are awsome!

TrackGuys,inc put on a fantastic event.

Thanks for the great time everyone involved.

SeleenSebring3.jpg

My students car.....

SaleenSebring4.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread