Seats

BMCGC

Established Member
I have an opportunity to buy a really nice set of New Edge Parchment seats for my 97 Saddle Vert.

How will those look colorwise with my saddle interior?

My original seats are in poor condition, mostly from the sun.

nomoretickets

Established Member
Parchment is going to be pretty far off from Saddle. Not sure if dying is feasable or not? I know ive seen some products to match the colors of the hard surfaces. not sure if anything like that is out there for the leather surfaces

BMCGC

Established Member
I cant get the seller to send me pics. He says perfect condition, but I have heard that before.

He wants $500 for the three seats and its 100 miles from me, so if I cant get pics, Im passing.

Plan B is to order cloth from TMI. I know many of you dont like cloth, but in a vert I like cloth best.

I also want to ditch my power driver seat, I prefer manual adjustment.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Good call on no pics=no go. Parchment vs Saddle... imagine like... a manilla folder next to peanut butter. That's the difference.

I did the TMI thing myself, its good stuff. Not sure how their cloth is but their vinly was really good. You will need the foams too, a hog ring plier/ring kit from LMR or CJP, a bunch of plastic bags and upholstery spray glue and a roll of parachute cord if you are doing the rears as well. Just be aware that the TMI foam is thicker and firmer than stock so you will sit up higher and the seats look... kinda more like old school bucket dimensions than SN95. You don't sink into them like you do stock so the headrest is like at the bottom of your neck. At least mine was.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been looking into some Corbeau A4 seats and brackets, but I'm worried they will make me sit higher than the OEM seats though.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I dunno. You definitely will sit higher up than you do now if you do the TMI stuff. I have heard the Corbeaus sit you pretty low tho.

dkblue98gt

Established Member
I have Corbeau CR1 seats with Corbeau adapter plates that bolt to the Mustang tracks. I used a manual track on the drivers side. The seats sit a lot lower than stock. I am 6'4" and this is the only way I can get my seat in the right place in these cars.

I found the seats on craigslist and bought new microsuede covers from Corbeau and recovered them myself.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have Corbeau CR1 seats with Corbeau adapter plates that bolt to the Mustang tracks. I used a manual track on the drivers side. The seats sit a lot lower than stock. I am 6'4" and this is the only way I can get my seat in the right place in these cars.

I found the seats on craigslist and bought new microsuede covers from Corbeau and recovered them myself.

Has the suede held up to fading etc?

dkblue98gt

Established Member
After 7 years of use the drivers side is starting to show some wear. The passenger side is still really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread