Seats question

ViciousJay

Established Member
Seeing how these cars have airbags in them i was hoping to pull them out in order to do a full detail and clean any little dog hairs that are between the seats and center counsel. Can this be done with out complication?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I don't know this for sure, but I'm sure there's a simply connector attached to the seat for the seat wiring.

You might consult with a tech first though.

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
I don't know this for sure, but I'm sure there's a simply connector attached to the seat for the seat wiring.

You might consult with a tech first though.

Also, pleasseeeeeee disconnect the battery and lets things drain before messing with any airbag connectors :banana:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Also, pleasseeeeeee disconnect the battery and lets things drain before messing with any airbag connectors :banana:

is there a way i can just un bolt them and vacuum and re bolt them in without having to do anything??

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Wouldn't pulling the center console acheive the same result? It would also allow you to get the console cleaned fully.

JL-KA

Established Member

THIS! Disconnect the batter and let it sit for 30 minutes. I'm sure when you unbolt the seats you'll see a connector that needs to be unhooked.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If you don't want to wait after disconnecting the battery, just place your foot on the brake pedal for a few seconds. That will discharge all the residual power in the system.

Users who are viewing this thread