Seat Reupholstering

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Who's done it? My driver seat is badly cracked and a little torn. Where can i get the factory leather to reupholster it with? Can i do it myself?

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Thanks for the link. Sadly, i cant afford nor need all the seats, just the driver seat. The back is perfect and the passenger seat is nearly perfect. Do you know where they just sell the driver seat? I checked ebay but didnt find anything.

Wildpony

Established Member
This past weekend on TNN (or Speedvision), and it was either "2Guys Garage" or the show with the guy who always is beating down Ford stuff / does lots of Chevy big block episodes. They were doing a Mustang called "Project Nightmare".

Anyway they were doing custom leather seat covers that came from a company that had hundreds of color combos. The ones he did had a custom embroidered seat back. I wished I wrote it down as unless anyone on here saw it I know this isn't very helpful..

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I recently saw a complete set of new seat covers (leather) for around $400 (front seats - upper & lower), in one of these Forums, but the Search function isn't much help in finding it.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I just found it, on the SCOA Forum (For Sale). It's dated Mar 3, '04, and is only the seat backs ...

Pair of brand new leather seatbacks with padding for 94-98, still in factory sealed plastic. Color is "saddle". Asking $200 for both. Buyer to pay shipping.
Can provide pictures if needed. You can contact me at [email protected]

------------------
Beth,
SCOA #1581
2003 Torch Red Cobra Coupe
www.scoa.org/members/98-5081.htm

Dan

mackj66

Established Member
I think the name of that company on "horsepower TV" that you saw was "Catskin". Yes, they were really good looking when they finished, and it was quite obvious that the quality was much better also. Although, quality isn't too hard to beat with Ford's stock leather on the SN-95.
Do an internet search under the name and you should be able to find something.

mackj66

Established Member
By the way...the price that they quoted on the show was around $700.00. And I think that was just for the two front seats.

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Dano
I just found it, on the SCOA Forum (For Sale). It's dated Mar 3, '04, and is only the seat backs ...

Dan

Thanks a lot Dan. I emailed them and hope to get a response soon. That is exactly what i was looking for and looking to spend! :thumbsup:

Wildpony

Established Member
Originally posted by mackj66
By the way...the price that they quoted on the show was around $700.00. And I think that was just for the two front seats.

That's not too bad vs. ordering from Ford. When I 1st got my car I thought since it was a super rare cloth option I would get some stock seat covers ahead of time to keep for a resto. When I priced them each seat cost was about $700-$800 APIECE !! FOR CLOTH!!!

I thought screw that -I'm not keeping it stock/concours anyway.:rolleyes:

mackj66

Established Member
All I have to say is...when they were done on horsepower TV, those seats looked like the quality of an import. They looked really good. Cool thing also, is that you can have custom stitching on the cover if you want with a logo or lettering.

whitelightning9

Established Member
Ever thought of changing the seats? I just put in some 03 cobra seats in my 95, and they make a huge difference!! they are a little expensive, but I found someone selling cheap (he didn't want to ship them) but the price of new skins seems crazy and in the end you have the same seat, jmo I paid $600 for my 03 seats!!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
03 seats would be neat, I'd love to have some myself, but I'm afraid that they might look a little goofy with a tan interior...

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Tabres
03 seats would be neat, I'd love to have some myself, but I'm afraid that they might look a little goofy with a tan interior...

Yea, thats what i am thinking. I would get all new seats if i could afford them, but my engine completely drained my money supply. I have a couple hundred dollars from my birthday specificly for seat leather.

$600 for 03 cobra seats is a damn good deal though, congrats on snagging those.

whitelightning9

Established Member
They would probably be hard to find, but I think some of the 03 seats have a tan insert. I didn't pay attention to you having the tan interior, I have black so the seats look great!! And yeah $600 was a steal for the set, the guy didn't want the hassle of shipping so I drove 45min to pick up the seats, couldn't be happier!!

Users who are viewing this thread