Seat belt pain in the butt & dash lights

nsreed

Established Member
Hey
Anybody else having problems with the shoulder belts staying in the brackets by the head rests?? Every time I use my belt it either gets tangled in the damn thing or most of the time just pops out. Totally worthless and the shoulder belt buckle ends up rubbing against the leather trim on the seat when not in use. Sure to cause a problem down the road.

Also dash lights. Last night was the first time I drove the car any distance at night. Sure they look very cool but even with the dash lights dimmed all the way down, they are still annoyingly bright?

Thanks
NSR

docs03

Established Member
My seatbelt does the same thing. It's a pain in the a** to have to reach back all the time. I really like the dash lights. Not too annoying .

03DOHC

Established Member
My seat belts are a PITA to get to on my '97 too and that guide thingy is about worthless. My damn seatbelt just died yesterday too! The spring pressure is gone. $66 from the dealer for the part.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I never really had a problem on my 95 Cobra because the belt was more rigid. This new belt really sucks and is a PIA having to fix it almost everyday.

sambo300

Established Member
Oh yes...Thank goodness. I don't mean this bad,but I'm glad I'm not the only one having seat belt trouble. About 90% of the time mine has to be "helped" back in on driver's side. Real PITA,but what the heck.....just replace with the 4 or 5 point competition straps by SIMPSON,right? lol....

4.6speed

Established Member
Yeah, my retractor spring seems weak also, and the belt always slips out of the guide.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
My seat belts are a PITA to get to on my '97 too and that guide thingy is about worthless. My damn seatbelt just died yesterday too! The spring pressure is gone. $66 from the dealer for the part.

Mine has been the biggest POS since day one, and my spring pressure is completely gone too, I'm just too lazy to replace it. I don't know why they even put those stupid brackets on there. I look kinda stupid after I get somewhere trying to coax my seatbelt to retract, lol.

hwystr

Established Member
My belts were both twisted a half turn from day 1, never felt right and retracted poorly. I removed the bottom seatbelt bolt and untwisted the belt a half-turn, it now fits and retracts much better.

Not sure why the belts were twisted :shrug:

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
i bet it has to do with how far your seat is reclined. Mine work great, but I also don't sit in my car like a gangster with my head barely popping over the door's window.

UNCHAINED

former 03 ***** ;-)
Established Member
this is kinda off the subject but here in fla. we have seat belt law. well a bud of mine was crusin down the road one day and came up on a license check piont. well not wanting to be cited for not wearing his belt he reached back grabed the belt and buckeled as he was rolling up to stop. the officer being astute mentioned to him, "i see your wearing your seat belt mr. mock." to which my friend said "oh, yes sir i always wear my seat belt." to that the cop asked him "do you always buckel it through the stearing wheel?" i guess the cop just couldn't give him a ticket though.

carstocks

Established Member
I don't seem to have the problem with the bracket that some of you are having. My problem is that mine will lock against you very easily. You don't have to jam on the brakes or accelerate hard for this to happen. dsuring normal driving, it just locks.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
The thing that irrirates me the most about these seat belts is that they stay locked. Then you have to tug-tug-tug-tug-tug to get them loose again. :bash:

jshen

Established Member
Duct Tape?

Or black tape across the ring opening? It pains me to think about doing something like that...but it works.

2K3BRA

Established Member
Re: Duct Tape?

Originally posted by jshen
Or black tape across the ring opening? It pains me to think about doing something like that...but it works.
Damn thats not a bad idea, a lil peice of electical tape might do the trick! :thumbsup:

My seat belt is getting tweaked in the bracket on the pillar its getting damn annoying. I will remove both peices later and try and figure out whats going on with it.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
You can use "The Welder". It's a tube of thick, clear glue. Works wonders.
:thumbsup:

Or better yet, why don't we make a sleave that fits over the opening? Something simple. Then sell it here. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread