Searching for the Tuning TRUTH!

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
So being new to Cobras (specifically Terminators), I have learned a lot while tearing it apart and rebuilding mine. I began this due to local shops seemingly charging high prices and hearing horrid rumors (Central TX).
The first shop I went to said they used Sniper software to tune and I had never heard of it. The second swore by Diablo Sport Predators and convinced me to buy one so he could tune it(had a Diablo on my Jeep SRT8). After getting this I had determined that I would be doing everything myself and separate myself from this shop. So now I have an brand new Predator and no tuner. Tuning is one thing I will NOT try on my own. Reading a lot on here I see most tuners seem to be SCT based. I could be wrong and don't mind one bit being educated here on this. Are there good predator tuners or did I waste my money and need an SCT?
What I do know is once I have this figured out I am only going to a truly reputable shop for my tuning.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
HPPMotorsports in Dallas I heard is hands downs top notch.

Ironhand

Banned
You need an SCT and PM 04S1eeper.

I know Kevin tuned his car and one(most likely more) and he is in Texas. It would be worth the ride and Im sure if your bought enough beer he would help you out(I hope).

black 10th vert

Established Member
So being new to Cobras (specifically Terminators), I have learned a lot while tearing it apart and rebuilding mine. I began this due to local shops seemingly charging high prices and hearing horrid rumors (Central TX).
The first shop I went to said they used Sniper software to tune and I had never heard of it. The second swore by Diablo Sport Predators and convinced me to buy one so he could tune it(had a Diablo on my Jeep SRT8). After getting this I had determined that I would be doing everything myself and separate myself from this shop. So now I have an brand new Predator and no tuner. Tuning is one thing I will NOT try on my own. Reading a lot on here I see most tuners seem to be SCT based. I could be wrong and don't mind one bit being educated here on this. Are there good predator tuners or did I waste my money and need an SCT?
What I do know is once I have this figured out I am only going to a truly reputable shop for my tuning.

The only real option I have found since I also have a Predator (which came with my car) was to go email tuning through Amazon Racing (one of our forum supporters). In order to go that route, you would need to buy a wideband O2 sensor (which you should probably have anyway if you are modded). This will allow you to datalog the car on the street how it is actually used. From the logs, Rick (the tuner/owner) can make the appropriate changes without ever needing to see the rollers unless you just want to have some numbers for bench racing.;-)

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
The best advice I can give you is to talk to any tuner you are considering on a one to one basis.

If you would like to talk to Rick about your tuning options PM your # to me and I will have him call you.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I would ask on a local forum, find some people with nice mustangs with mods and asked who dyno tuned their car.

black 10th vert

Established Member
+1. HPP has tuned all my cars and I've never had a problem. They use SCT and have the fastest Terminator in the state, why go anywhere else??

Because, by your own statement they use SCT, and the op uses a Diablo!:read:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Majority of tuners indeed use SCT, hence why I purchase one. Reading posts from members here it's easier to datalog as well compared to the diablo. On another note, I'v called diablo a handful of times and literally waited 25min on the phone. I had called to speak with a Tech about the handheld, unfortunately they never picked up. SCT has helped at least twice with my questions in concern to software and datalogging. If I was in your shoes the diablo would be on eBay. Not bashing just explaining my 2C.

Users who are viewing this thread