Searched, but nothing good. I need Catback Video or sound file.

Stang2WRX

Established Member
Hey guys,
Can any of you send me links or files of 03 cobras with Borla Stinger catback? (or any others for that matter).

Also, if you can, let me know if it had stock, O/R, or high flow H or X pipe.

I am thinking of doing full exhaust including headers as my first mod, but don't want to make a bad choice and end up selling for something different.

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
The 03 and Cobra sound the same with the SLP catback. If there's any difference, it would be when we produce boost. Just a little louder is all.

Lance

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
If you plan on doing an offroad X pipe you might decide against the Borla Stinger. I started off with a magnaflow until my buddy with the stinger got a offroad X (Dr. Gas)...it was so obnoxious we had to trade. I think with the stock H the stinger is perfect but definitely not stealthy

Stang2WRX

Established Member
did the X make it high pitch or just loud...

I don't mind LOUD, I just want deep tone.

Maybe high flow cat H and stinger?

I really want to hear some SLP loudmouth vids... Sound good from what I hear, but they made my buddies Z06 sound like a 6 cyl indy car.

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
Sounded like NASCAR at WOT but sounded like a beat up pickup truck with cherry bombs everywhere else. I would not advise the catless X and stinger combo!

It wasn't just LOUD...it was crazy loud and sounded like ass on top of that! I am sure he can come up with a sound clip from the dyno but i am not sure what you could tell from that

motorCITY

Established Member
Stang2WRX -

I'm sorry I have no video/sound clip, but a personal experience note:

Late last year, a guy at our local gut had just installed the Borla Stinger Cat-back on his black 03 Corba. Everything else was stock.

Let me say, that thing sounded so awesome! Wicked as a witch . . . sick as a mental patient! Hearing it in person was all I needed to confirm what cat-back I was going to get for mine! I was listening to all the sound clips and videos while I was researching all the various systems & combinations I could find, but man once I heard those suckers in person, it was hands down the best at the gut, and I immediately stopped the research and started watching prices to order mine.

Though the videos/and clips will be helpful for you, make sure you go and listen to someone with it. You'll know immediately if that's the right sound for you.

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread