Search is down....so

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I am looking for a conservative way to make sure I am building somewhere around 10 lbs of boost. In doing my research I have been looking at the SFPHQ's Dial uR Boost pulley system. I have a few questions I hope you can all help me with. I would use the search button, but it ain't working.........

Anyone else running (or wanting to run) a conservative pulley size?

Anyone have experience with the Dial uR Boost system? Is their puller a decent product?

What is the real-world break point where a chip is necessary to compensate for increased air?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
The DUB hub is sold by SFPHQ and several others. I'm not sure if it a particular "brand" name.

Anyways.... several members on this forum have the DUB blower setup. I have the 2.93 (lightning size) pulley and it makes around 13+ lbs with my mods.

A mild pulley would be a 3.2 size. and that should give you the additional boost you are looking for.

Click on the South Florida Pulley web site banner. It explains the boost to expect for any particular size of pulley they sell.

I think you'd be okay with a 3.2 and no chip. but you'd definatly want to dyno it with a AF measurement to be sure.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I am looking for a conservative way to make sure I am building somewhere around 10 lbs of boost

Then I'd reccomend the 3.1 pulley. It'll give you a touch more than 10 but you won't notice a 1-2 lb difference

Anyone have experience with the Dial uR Boost system?

Give X2Cmotorsports a call, they're in th LA area and can answer all your questions

What is the real-world break point where a chip is necessary to compensate for increased air?

Anything over stock in CA really needs a chip when it comes to swapping out the pulley. I ran mine w/o one for a time but I got lucky as my car was already running pig rich. Tetge ran his for a time w/o one and pinged quite a bit. The gas out here blows and the varying altitudes can create a dangerous environment for your engine IMO (keep in mind I'm only talking about a pulley swap). Hope this answers your questions. ;-)

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I got a solid 10 lbs. of boost just by swaping out my stock airbox to a DenseCharger system. Pre-DenseCharger - 8 #, post DenseCharger - 10# - same gauge, no other mods. However, when I put my free flow exhaust on, it dropped back to about 8.5 #.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I hear ya on the CA fuel issues, I am a veteran of trying to make power here in CA with both my 99 and 2002 Lightnings. In 1999 there weren't many speed parts available by the time I sold mine, but by 2002 it was open season on pulleys, chips, CAI's, etc. and I tried them all..................with all their inherent pitfalls.

What I'm looking for with this car is a conservative increase, just to make sure any low end torque I lost to the Magnaflow exhaust is regained. (My SOTP meter tells me I lost a little)

I don't want to push this car to the limits, just enhance its performance enough to keep up with the Jones without a chip if possible.

Right now I've removed the silencer, added the Magaflow Cat-back, and replaced the factory "Gumby" shifter.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by mswaim
I am looking for a conservative way to make sure I am building somewhere around 10 lbs of boost. In doing my research I have been looking at the SFPHQ's Dial uR Boost pulley system. I have a few questions I hope you can all help me with. I would use the search button, but it ain't working.........

Anyone else running (or wanting to run) a conservative pulley size?

Anyone have experience with the Dial uR Boost system? Is their puller a decent product?

Thanks in advance.

I have the sfphq dub system to. I tried the 3.2 pulley and I didn't like it (just wasn't enough) but it did put the boost right at 10. I ended up with the 2.93. I also have the 2.80 but to me it is too much.

It was on for about an hour. If you need it let me know I will make you a good price on it.

His puller is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread