search function is not working

ghostrydyr

Established Member
I have been reading about 03/04 Cobras here since I bought my 03 early Febuary and I'm loving my car the more I learn about it. Very cool site. I've tried to search but can't right now and I have a newbie question.

Can I use the predator (hand held tuner/ flash) with California 91 octane gas?

I plan on getting the 3.1 pulley and do not want to use a chip just the Predator.

Thanks. Ghostrydyr

lethal

Established Member
Originally posted by ghostrydyr
I have been reading about 03/04 Cobras here since I bought my 03 early Febuary and I'm loving my car the more I learn about it. Very cool site. I've tried to search but can't right now and I have a newbie question.

Can I use the predator (hand held tuner/ flash) with California 91 octane gas?

I plan on getting the 3.1 pulley and do not want to use a chip just the Predator.

Thanks. Ghostrydyr

The short answer is yes. The long answer is....

The Predator is has two tunes. The first tune is the "Performance" tune which is for stock boost levels. There is a "Pully" tune made for cars with between 12 and 14# of boost. Depending on how much boost your car creates with a 3.1 (which will be related to such things as humidity, temperature, elevation, etc) you *should* be fine with the Predator pulley tune. I would suggest that ANY time you modify the car, to dyno the beast when your done. This is cheap insurance. Familiarize yourself with how the Predator works, including the custom changes you can make (to timing, fuel, etc). Better yet, find a shop that will help you do both, dyno and adjust the Predator with/for you.

John

Users who are viewing this thread