Sealer Coat?!?

WZL 96

SN95 Wrangler
Established Member
Hey guys, I just spent the last few days using the Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System kit from Lethal, containing a correction compound and a DA finishing wax and a PC 7424 polisher. Honestly I couldn't be happier with the results. It took the paint from a 7 to a 9 (original paint too!) the photos below really do not do it justice.

My question is: Can I put anything over it to really keep it looking good? I do not want anything that needs a machine to apply. Quite honestly I spent the last two days on my hands and knees buffing, I do not wish to do it again anytime soon. I want something that can be done by hand if possible. Does it really need anything? The last coat of stuff I put on there said "Finishing Wax" but I want this to really last. If it matters, the car is not a daily, sees nothing but sunny days and spends most of its time in the garage under a cover.

Thanks guys for you opinions. You always help me out!

Before:
IMG_2673_zps8b6a1806.jpg

After:
IMG_2674_zpsc8115abd.jpg

IMG_2668_zps50f35470.jpg

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Try opti-coat 2.0..... just make sure you have no defects or contaminants or it will looks like shit and won't bond to the paint correctly.

One thing to keep in mind - sealants should go on to BARE fully corrected contaminant free paint and THEN topped with a wax if you desire.

So before you hit the paint with your buffer you need to wash, clay or nanoskin, wipe down -then correct the paint, and polish it out. Now you're ready to seal and wax. If your paint isn't too bad you can "one step."

Last edited:

UncleDan

Established Member
They do make sealants that are "spray, wipe, and walk away" style. You mist a light amount onto a microfiber towel, wipe on, and let it cure. No buffing required. Although as Mach said, you certainly want to have sealant as your initial protection. I would wash the car with Dawn to strip the wax off, apply a sealant and let it cure, and then you can wax over that if you like.

RC-5.0

Established Member
You really should have asked this before the "finishing wax" there are sealants, which "can" be applied with either machine or by hand. Most sealants are fairly easy to remove compared to waxes.

Normally the sealant goes on right after the polishing/correction, and just BEFORE the wax.

Good Luck
RC

SON1C

Established Member
apply supernatural hybrid for a solid 5 months or so of protection and great looks
Wax ^

sealant - apply bfwdps for ~6 months

WOWA - blackfire crystal seal

I'm not a coating guy, I still have some I need to play around with though

tons of options but just tossed a couple your way

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
you will want to put something on top of it to ensure you dont have to spend another 2 days doing that all again anytime again. I recommend blackfire wet diamond sealant topped with dodo juice supernatural. Midnight sun is a good alternative and cheaper compared to dodo.

here is me testing out midnight sun, blackfire wet diamond and dodo supernatural on freshly corrected 13 taurus. time will tell which i like more

1073157_606005049439887_1564801098_o_zpse8224d43.jpg

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
you will want to put something on top of it to ensure you dont have to spend another 2 days doing that all again anytime again. I recommend blackfire wet diamond sealant topped with dodo juice supernatural. Midnight sun is a good alternative and cheaper compared to dodo.

here is me testing out midnight sun, blackfire wet diamond and dodo supernatural on freshly corrected 13 taurus. time will tell which i like more

1073157_606005049439887_1564801098_o_zpse8224d43.jpg

can you provide some better shots between the three please. the one pic you provided makes the sealant look 1000x better in terms of clarity.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
can you provide some better shots between the three please. the one pic you provided makes the sealant look 1000x better in terms of clarity.

Let me try to get some it's just cause that is the flat part of the hood.

hard to tell since curves on hood but here are a couple without the tape

20130727_170029_zpsdde5a8e9.jpg

20130727_165925_zps9714aae8.jpg

Last edited:

SON1C

Established Member
Yeah ^

Looks are distorted due to the hood, imo it's hard to appreciate the different looks between lsps aside from full vehicle applications and in person

What mfs are those luke? Thanks for taking the time to do the test and looking forward to more results!

WZL 96

SN95 Wrangler
Established Member
thanks for the replies guys. I'm thinking about some blackfire wet diamond. it seems to be the product everyone swears by around here

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Yeah ^

Looks are distorted due to the hood, imo it's hard to appreciate the different looks between lsps aside from full vehicle applications and in person

What mfs are those luke? Thanks for taking the time to do the test and looking forward to more results!

thanks man no problem i love testing lsps!

and here are the mf i use for detail spray and waxes/sealants i love them!

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Uber-Quick-Detail-Microfiber-Towel_p_573.html

thanks for the replies guys. I'm thinking about some blackfire wet diamond. it seems to be the product everyone swears by around here

very good choice man wont be disappointed!

Honestly, you can't go wrong with it, it's a top quality product -- bfwdps

This!! :rockon:

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
The list of Last Step Products (LSP) is ten miles long and new ones added every day.
It basically comes down to waxes, sealants & the fairly recent paint coatings entries.
Each of these products has different ease of use, "look", longevity & protection level.

There are some very nice waxes out there with minimal durability that look real good.
On dark colors, BFWD sealant has a real nice "look & feel" and it is easy on/easy off.
To "kick up" the protection level, durability & longevity I'd suggest CQuartz coating.
Most have a corresponding Quick Detailer (QD) to dress and remove bird bombs etc.

I have used quite a few different coatings (but not all) & I was very hesitant at first.
I enjoy washing and waxing my "baby". It gives me a wonderful sense of satisfaction.
I thought maybe I'll do a coating on my DD but not on my "pride & joy"...I like waxing.
Well, I caved & did Cquartz Finest on my baby. Now it's just wash, dry & wipe Reload.
Do I miss not doing the regular wax on/wax off routine? To be truthful, No, not really.

EPILOGUE: Most LSP's each have a different "look". It comes down to what YOU like!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
im still over here with klasse usg and collinite 845 going like "damn, shits still beading a year later". Though since I do not currently have a garage, im more about durability/protection than a 3mo gloss/shine.

RC-5.0

Established Member
im still over here with klasse usg and collinite 845 going like "damn, shits still beading a year later". Though since I do not currently have a garage, im more about durability/protection than a 3mo gloss/shine.

Durability is more important IMO...you can ALWAYS wet-shine it up whenever you want if it's been protected, but you cant "protect" it if it's already damaged from only using Purdy waxes and getting beat-down from the elements.
RC

Users who are viewing this thread