"Sea Foam", Has anyone here tried it?

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Quite large, actually. A motor has to ingest a significant (huge) amount of fluid to hydrolock. Hydrolock occurs because you can't compress a fluid. Once you've filled a cylinder beyond its minimum volume with a fluid the motor effectively locks. So you'd basically need to consume 70+ccs of a fluid (size of combustion chamber) into ONE cylinder to cause a hydrolock. 70cc is ~ 2 fl oz. So basically you'd have to get ~10% of the bottle in almost instantenously to cause hydrolock. Very, very, very unlikely to happen. The odds are much better that the motor will stall before hydrlock actually occurs if you're following the directions.

Wow thank you, that’s was an incredible useful illustration, and excellent point. I think I may just go out and try this....:beer

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. At first, I was really skeptical. But now I'm actually considering trying this.

I was also wondering about how often have any of you use sea foam? I'm thinking not too frequent.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
The search function works wonders. Use every
5k or every tune up, use SF then change sparks plugs.

svtleen

Established Member
Two days ago I Seafoam my 2001 GT and it starts up easier and accelerates faster (I strongly don't think its my imagination :pepper:). I will Seafoam my 99 Cobra with the remaining Seafoam very soon. Its really easy you can google it up and see some great vids. Its best if you have a buddy to help with reving the throttle up otherwise your car will shut off when it sucks in Seafoam.

1999 SVT Cobra

Established Member
SeaFoam

Seafoam is great stuff but like stated above it only works on cars with low combustion temps. I put it through my cobra and it did didly squat. I put it through my girls 02 jeep liberty and it added 3 mpg and a smoother idle. Like said before the higher temps cause high performance cars to not have that much build up on the valves so sea foam is not the way to go on those vehicles

On another note I use seafoam every 3 months as a fuel additive to keep my injectors clean and I have seen a noticable difference in the way my car reacts.

I have also used the seafoam transmission stop slip which is designed to clean out auto tranny valve bodies and it helped with my girls transmission problems (dodges built like shit or not built at all).:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread