Sea-Doo information

XtremeAceX

Established Member
Does anyone know any good sites about sea-doo engines and sea-doo maintanance/repair.. I've always been kinda curious on them.. and decided to take the initiative to find out haha.

Thanks!
Brett

Last edited:

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Bombardier makes them. The pre 2000's weren't very good but the newest ones are pretty badass. I want to get an rxp!

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
XtremeAceX said:
Bump!

Cmon guys.. not even a sight on wut kinda engines they use?

I was lookin that some at least use the bombardier engine that the ski-doo's use.
They use Rotax engines.

Pussy_Liquor

...Your Honda Sux
Established Member
kneedragger said:
They use Rotax engines.
+1

Since when did SVT start making jet-ski's. :shrug:
I think a terminator engine in a jet-ski would be pretty badass. If anybody has said engine I'll supply the ski.:D My Polaris isn't exactly fast anymore, especially with all the new ones that are out.

umachme

°Mach Speed°
Established Member
Rotax - Not as good as Yamaha when it comes to maintanance/repair. They are the hotrod of PWC's though. It's like buying a Toyota (Yamaha) or buying a Ford (See Doo).

ZincDude said:
I like my SeaDoo.:beer:
Same here! :beer:
6a_12_sb.gif

Sirhc7897

Established Member
www.sea-doo.net is one (a bit bias but it's a sea doo only site run by a bit of a opinion Nazi...I.e. - if you don't share his opinion you get banned)...

www.pwctoday.com (the granddaddy of PWC sites. It's a bit anti sea doo but just because most of these people have been around long enough to remember what a grenade the first 951 motors were)

www.grenhulk.net (Primo site for the RXP / RXT Sea Doos. If that's the route you're going this is the place to be)...

www.rivayamaha.com (good site for performance kits. Some forum info as well, tends to be a bit Yamaha bias)...

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Red99mustangman said:
Same here! :beer:
6a_12_sb.gif
Dude I had the 97XP also.:beer: I traded it in two years ago for the 03 GTX S/C. This ski is badass but I miss the V-hull and the VTS. Of course I could trade for the new one but thats ok.:beer:

merfsiu

Established Member
While we are on the subject, does anyone have any opinions about their boats? Secifically the spedster 200. I have been eyeing one of those and the 2005s with the twin sc motors making a total of 370hp sounds like it would be a nice fun boat to play around the inlet on.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
merfsiu said:
While we are on the subject, does anyone have any opinions about their boats? Secifically the spedster 200. I have been eyeing one of those and the 2005s with the twin sc motors making a total of 370hp sounds like it would be a nice fun boat to play around the inlet on.
Wow if they are putting the S/C's in the Speedster that is just plain badass.:eek: Need to check that out myself.

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
Hopfully we're going to buy a new speed boat...the one we were checking out had a blown 454 (i know its a chevy) engine and the thing SCREAMED on the water.

ZincDude said:
Dude I had the 97XP also.:beer: I traded it in two years ago for the 03 GTX S/C. This ski is badass but I miss the V-hull and the VTS. Of course I could trade for the new one but thats ok.:beer:
Yeah i wanna get one of those new red 03/04 XPs. I think they look better red and they match my car also! Plus they have the bigger engines in them, the 97 XPs didnt come with the 130HP engines, they came with the old 110HP ones.. Plus the newer ones have more upgrades for them to make them faster! I wanna see at least 70mph on the water. This baby has a hard time doing 60 for some reason and i have a performance intake grate/impeller on it.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Good luck shooting for 70 on an XP. There are a very limited few accomplishing that task...It can be done but I highly doubt it could be done on a DI.

You would need a carbed version: bored, ported, carbs, reeds, Factory Pipe Twins, etc., etc., etc...That 951 motor might get you to 70 but I doubt it would hold together for very long...They are fun skis though.

If you want 70 easy your best bets right now are a Sea Doo RXP or an 05 Yamaha GP 1300 R...Both are just a few mods away from 70 mph...Both are roughly 66-68 mph skis stock...

Of course i run a triple piped Polaris modified to the hilt so what do I know... :eek:

ZincDude said:
How fast did your ski go stock?

Users who are viewing this thread