scuffs in clear

Chiltonr

Established Member
I have a 04 lightning (black) that I had taken tot he dealer and they washed it when they returned it. I now have a couple of scuffs / scratches in the clear. I can't grab a fingernail hence why I say scuff. I also caught a small tree branch today on the way to work going around some idiot making an illegal left. It looks like I have the same thing down the side of my truck - that will teach me to be patient. I was reading some of the posts that people are raving about the Poorboys SSR2.5 and the Clearkote VM and CMW. I am concerned about f'ing my paint up so I am asking before I try. Is the SSR needed for a scuff that I am describing? Anything lower grit and it sounds like the Clearkote VM. Will I be OK with just the Clearkote VM?

Also can I apply everything by hand? I have a sears bonnett buffer that I got as a gift one year- should I even use this? I hate to spend $200 on a porter cable. I would probably take it to a detailer before I invest that kind of money. At least I know it would be done right and I couldn't screw it up.

Thanks, Bob

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Bob, if we all thought like you we would spend hundreads every year for proffesionals. Also I was a rookie at this wax and detail stuff untill 2 months ago when i did my research. I dont think it requires a proffesional to wax. All you need is practice and the time. Also porter cable is not 200$ :uh oh: It is exactly 107 @ lowes :idea: and you need the pads with the velco backing plate, a 50$ value. remember the pc does not come with polishing and cutting pads, the pc does the work you do the magic. :coolman: It sounds as if you have not waxed you car before ( i guess). Invest on a pc and buy the vm ssr 2.5 and you will have enough liquids to do your car about 5 times. It is woth it. Invest on it and stop speculating on it. :beer: The results are :eek: ............................ :rockon:

NyrotiX

Black 2002 Mustang GT
Established Member
Sounds like it just needs a good polish. I use 3M polish on my black GT, and it gets the job done without cutting too deep, and works well by hand. Just remember to give it a good glaze/wax coat afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread