SCUBA divers.... Step up and be proud!!!

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Txyaloo should be chiming in. Diving in deep dark water scares the hell outa me.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I got certified this past fall during college. Only went on 4 dives during the certification dives. Going to Hawaii in August, plan on diving while I'm over there.

oldmodman

Established Member
I started diving in 1966
Got my last certification in 74 for mixed gas.
My favorite dives are cave dives using a rebreather.
Not on my own but with guided groups. Those rebreathers are too damn expensive.
Used to dive a lot more when I had a boat (36ft Tollycraft) and loved going out to Catalina and some of the farther Channel Islands.
Deepest I've ever dived was 507 feet. That was with a couple of buddies that were US Navy Salvage & Construction divers. It was mixed gas controlled from inside the "construction shack". And upon surfacing (inside a transfer bell) we were slowly brought up to surface pressure. It took days. I couldn't qualify medically to do that these days. The Navy medics put you through a huge series of tests. Having dental work (crowns) can disqualify you as can nearly any spinal surgery. Imagine what the pressure at depth could to do to you if you had a void in a tooth or spinal disc.

txyaloo

Established Member
Cuba diver here. Been certified since 1993.

I started diving in 1966
Got my last certification in 74 for mixed gas.
My favorite dives are cave dives using a rebreather.
Not on my own but with guided groups. Those rebreathers are too damn expensive.
Used to dive a lot more when I had a boat (36ft Tollycraft) and loved going out to Catalina and some of the farther Channel Islands.
Deepest I've ever dived was 507 feet. That was with a couple of buddies that were US Navy Salvage & Construction divers. It was mixed gas controlled from inside the "construction shack". And upon surfacing (inside a transfer bell) we were slowly brought up to surface pressure. It took days. I couldn't qualify medically to do that these days. The Navy medics put you through a huge series of tests. Having dental work (crowns) can disqualify you as can nearly any spinal surgery. Imagine what the pressure at depth could to do to you if you had a void in a tooth or spinal disc.

You sir are crazy. :lol: CCR's kill way too many people for me to get into them, and cave dives creep me out. I can handle dirty Texas lakes with 0-5' viz, but I do not like overhead environments.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I have been diving since I was 13 (I'm 30 now) I have too many stories to list here. I think everyone should do it atleast once. We know more about the the moon than we do about our own oceans.

NoSlowGt- Some of my favorite dives have been in Hawaii. SCUBA diving with turtles as big as humans is definately an unforgettable experience. I would post underwater pics of some of my dives in Hawaii but they are on my other computer.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Been certified since the mid 80's.

I've been through the Caribbean several times, off the Florida coast once.

My last trip was on a dive boat from Cairns where a buddy and I spent three days and two nights on the Barrier Reef. Boat had about 20 people on it, we (and one hot girl from Chigago) were the only Americans.

4 dives a day, two were night dives.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
dove in HS a few times with my aquatic science class and loved it. i didi do SAR for the Navy so i've had my fair share of ocean time

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
got certified as a kid with my Dad and Brother, in the late 80's, have to kept up with it much. Did go diving in the Cayman Islands with my Wife in a structured program for beginners. It was awesome to do it again!!

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
one of my greatest regrets in life is that i was supposed to dive in the great barrier reef in autsralia. we got shit faced the night before and missed our bus to go diving. I still regret it to this day.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Got open water PADI certified in Sicily. Few years back we pulled into Cozumel and while on topside watch had an instructor visit our ship cause he was interested in the remote control sub we use to hunt and dispose of underwater mines. So I showed it to him and he took me scuba diving the next day for free...great water there. -Shane

Users who are viewing this thread