Sctx4 Gauge Display Question

PolandDogs

Established Member
I have a 2008 Shelby GT500 i just put a power package on my car along with a few other mods. I am tuning with the Sctx4 i really like how easy it works but i am having a hard time understanding the pids and displaying the gauges I am interested in watching while driving down the road such as boost would be the one i am really wanting to see, can this device display air/fuel? I have seen boost, coolant temp, voltage in pictures on google on the device. Can someone point me in the direction of trying to understand and figure this out

Thanks, Matt

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Matt, look at section 4 in the user's manual. http://www.sctflash.com/PDF/X4Manual_002.pdf

You cannot get actual boost without a MAP sensor nor A/F ratio without a wideband O2 sensor and controller in a 2008. Once you have those two accessories installed, you can route their 0-5v analog signal to your X4 for datalogging. I use my X4 and laptop with SCT Livelink to create datalog files. I also installed an Aeroforce Interceptor with the above accessories to monitor multiple parameters during normal driving; it has a record and playback feature also, so you can keep your eyes on the road.

Last edited:

PolandDogs

Established Member
Well that stinks. I dug a little deeper on researching the pids and understand a little better now. The problem i am having now is my laptop wont recognize the sct as a device. My computer has windows XP

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
The problem i am having now is my laptop wont recognize the sct as a device. My computer has windows XP

That problem is not uncommon. I have Windows 7 on my laptop and Vista on my desktop running Livelink, didn't have an issue with either recognizing the handheld tuner. Contact SCT tech support and they will get you going.

PolandDogs

Established Member
Talked to them today while I was at work, going to take care of it tomorrow on my day off. Thank you for your help! :)

Users who are viewing this thread