SCTx3 Tuner

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I returned my car back to stock, other than the headers & exhaust. I had the tune returned to a stock tune, tweaked to turn off the egr & fix the O2 sensor codes being thrown from the headers. Will I be able to sell the SCT tuner now? Or it can't be used on another vehicle again unless the STOCK tune is on my GT500? I'm not sure how it works so any input will help, thanks.

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
Gotta return your car to stock tune in order to "divorce" the tuner from your car. It's the only way.

E.Marquez

Established Member
If I do that the car runs like shit & the mpg reads off. I guess I'll just trade it in with the tuner then.

There is a user here selling unlocked SCT flash tuners Not sure on his source.. But he may be buying then and doing something to unlocking them. Do a search and you'll find him, Send him a PM, it might be worth something, and you’re not going to get anything by turning it over with the car.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
There is a user here selling unlocked SCT flash tuners Not sure on his source.. But he may be buying then and doing something to unlocking them. Do a search and you'll find him, Send him a PM, it might be worth something, and you’re not going to get anything by turning it over with the car.

Sweet, I'll check him out.

Franchi

Established Member
Sadly, only way to unlock a unit is send it to SCT and pay the $150 fee.

Wish I knew how to unlock em! lol

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
so your gonna turn it in with no tuner? isn't the ecu going to be locked when the next person buys the car?

kind of messed up IMO...

Steve@CJPP

if your trading it in it's best to just flash it back to stock. If the dealer is getting it and it runs like crap more than likely they'll fix it or the cars going to auction. By selling the locked tuner, your essentially making the buyer spend $300 dollars on your tuner. $150 for you and a $150 for SCT (no way around this as they are the only one to unlock it). At that price might as well by a brand new one.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
The dealer wouldn't charge to reflash the car to stock. They've done it for me before. Also, if the buyer wants to mod the car then he would have to buy an SCT Tuner anyway like I did when I modded my car or any of us that modded our cars, so I see no problem at all with this. With the car reflashed, the cost for the buyer would only be towards the SCT Tuner, nothing else. It goes into failsafe mode due to the egr sensor being gone, therefore ilI can't lleave it on stock tune.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Lol!! Dealer may not even give the tuner to the new owner...they may try to tell the buyer it was never modded...keep the tuner and ask the dealer to ref lash it to stock. just my .02

They would do some shit like that. I'm going to trade it in as is & let them deal with it. They already know the mods it has anyway after doing work on my car a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread