SCT XCal2 WOT Datalog Confusion

mrose75

Established Member
I'm remote tuning to get my new 2.3 Whipple dialed in. I ordered a 9-pin mini din cable for my XCal2 and it came in today. Cut the cable in two, broke out the multimeter and Analog 1 was blue and Ground was red. Hooked up Analog 1 to the gray wire from my AEM UEGO sensor and ran the ground to a ground. I used the equation (v*2)+9.75 and started logging. During my pulls the A/F gauge read consistent, as in around 11 and dipped into upper 10's near redline. But when I look at the logs, Analog 1 was all over the place. Bouncing back and forth between 9.xx and 19.xx. At no time did it jump around like that on the gauge. I even checked on the excel version of the logs and it was the same way. All over the place. But when I look at the average it sat at around 11.3. It seems I'm doing something wrong. I would expect the Datalog to more consistently match the gauge reading.

mrose75

Established Member
OK, I've tried with out the ground. Same results. I've tried with ground and 9-pin shield wire grounded. Same results. I've tried both analog 1 and 2 with the same results. I did notice that when I turned the engine off, the reading stabilized while I was still logging. It seems when the engine is running that it's jumping all over the place. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks.

mrose75

Established Member
The AEM WB has a grey wire in the instruction sheet that says it goes to the computer for an RS-232. I incorrectly assumed this was for datalogging. I had to splice into the 5v wire (white) that actually goes to the A/F gauge and use that to Datalog.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Ah, I see. I used the tutorial linked in my thread. Come to find out, I didn't need a groud. I also had to ohm the wires out. But it worked with the old xcal 2. I got the thing in 08 I belive and never updated it since. Since all I do is datalog and upload tunes, no need for the fancy new xcal 4.

mrose75

Established Member
I'm in the same boat. Xcal2 for tunes and datalogs. No ground here either. I pinned it out using an Innovative tutorial and that worked just fine. I just was trying to log off the wrong wire. Everything else is good. Just need to find the exact formula to get it dead on.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Are you data logging boost as well? I have the aeroforce interceptor 3 bar boost add on but i could never get it to work with the interceptor. I'm not sure if it can work for my logs either. I cant get an aftermarket boost gauge due to not wanting my truck looking like a space ship full of gauges.

mrose75

Established Member
No, I'm not logging boost. Only gauges I have are a SpeedHut A/F and Boost on my A Pillar and the AeroForce Interceptor on the steering column.

Mustangtcs

Established Member
I have the Aeroforce Interceptor with the 2 bar MAP and the Air/fuel add ons and log boost and Air/fuel in all my datalogs.

Are you data logging boost as well? I have the aeroforce interceptor 3 bar boost add on but i could never get it to work with the interceptor. I'm not sure if it can work for my logs either. I cant get an aftermarket boost gauge due to not wanting my truck looking like a space ship full of gauges.

cj428mach

Established Member
I have the Aeroforce Interceptor with the 2 bar MAP and the Air/fuel add ons and log boost and Air/fuel in all my datalogs.

I believe you can read boost off the stock ECM as there is a PID for it, if I remember correctly its measured off the stock MAP sensor which has a ceiling of about 15psi so anything above that it can't read. I'd think to be able to read in livelink off the aeroforce you'd have to have it setup as another analog.

Mustangtcs

Established Member
I believe you can read boost off the stock ECM as there is a PID for it, if I remember correctly its measured off the stock MAP sensor which has a ceiling of about 15psi so anything above that it can't read. I'd think to be able to read in livelink off the aeroforce you'd have to have it setup as another analog.

2005 doesn't have a way to log off the car itself so I do mine as analog 1 for air/fuel and analog 2 for boost

Users who are viewing this thread