SCT Xcal 2 - HELP

cammedmach

Established Member
So I've had this handheld for 6-7 years, and just use it for loading tunes. I haven't had any issues with it until a couple days ago when I tried loading another tune file. I loaded it through live load, and it was successful, however the new tune was not actually showing on the device. I had three older tunes loaded, and it should have overridden the tune in "file 1", but it didn't. I made multiple attempts and it resulted in the same thing, so I updated the firmware. This wiped my entire device, and even the s/n so now my car doesn't even recognize the tuner. The status is unlocked/stock, and from what I'm reading I should be able to use this without have to send out to SCT. Also, typically live load would give me the option to add a serial number, and now none of those options are there. Has anyone experienced this before? Can I revert back to the old firmware?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ryan

cammedmach

Established Member
I've spoken with a couple different tech support reps, who said they couldn't help, and I've sent an email to support and haven't gotten a response. Do you have someone in particular I can ask for?

cammedmach

Established Member
Ok, so I have been working with an SCT rep that has been helpful. I have the correct version of Liveload now, however I need to figure out a way to reload the correct version of firmware to the tuner. I just realized I loaded a version for a DCX and not Ford, and now it won't let me upload anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread