SCT X4 Help

nitrojunk

Established Member
Hey Guys - sorry for the newbish question but I'm not very familiar with the SCT devices. I have one but never used it .. LOL anyway so this weekend I was mashing 3rd gear and missed 4th .. engine rev'd, then I put clutch in and went to 4th. Anyway BOOM right after that the battery light came on .. Now im about to order a new KMJ Alternator but wanted to see the volts its putting out. So here I am connecting this X4 .. click on gauges and all I get is a bunch of stuff i cant read .. Spark etc .. dont think any have been setup ..

Now my car came with a tune loaded and I dont have the X4 for that .. my X4 is a unmarried one.

Real question is how do i get it to read Alternator V

99cobrasvt

Established Member
For me I used Livelink on my laptop with X4 plugged in to it. You can make your own list. Upload them to your x4 and you have custom readings. Someone on here had pics of what to do on livelink.

robvas

Established Member
On my F150 I had to choose which ones I wanted by using the arrows to choose a value being displayed, clicked the center button and then choosing what to show

nitrojunk

Established Member
thats the issue, so after I read how to data log with livelink, It seems I first have to create a config file .. thats what i dont have, the only option I have is FORD GAS 08 Newer .. which shows nothing .. this is under Gauges .. I see using the livelink, I can create one for my Cobra and add the PIDS i want to monitor, then save that on SCTX4

nitrojunk

Established Member
also just realized I may have selected Ford Gas 08 Newer lol not sure why I thought that was correct LOL .. maybe cause my cobra has 16k miles it feels new ?

nitrojunk

Established Member
also my car was tuned by JDM years ago and I dont have the tune file .. now with the SCTX4, I can change my fan settings which I want to do. Now if I makes changes to the fan settings, will that overight my current tune?

nitrojunk

Established Member
ok so connected SCT correctly now and watching volt gauge its from 11.8-12.06 but constantly going up and down ? Sound like an alternator ?

OSU34

Established Member
It sure does sound like you need a new alternator and I’d suggest not driving it until you put one in. Make sure you check all the connections too.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
also my car was tuned by JDM years ago and I dont have the tune file .. now with the SCTX4, I can change my fan settings which I want to do. Now if I makes changes to the fan settings, will that overight my current tune?
Correct. You need to get a new tune if you want to start making changes.

Users who are viewing this thread