SCT X4 error 110BE

sonicblue232

Hi all,
A little background:
I have 2002 that I did an 01 Cobra swap into. Everything (ECU, gauges, etc..) are all swapped. So it's essentially an 01 Cobra at this point. I have successfully uploaded custom tunes and returned to stock countless times over the past 3 years without issues. I recently installed bigger injectors, fuel pump, and lines. Planning to maybe try E85 in the future. And got a custom tune made up by VMP Performance.
Now the error: I went to return the car to stock before updating the device and loading the new tune and got error 110DD. I read this could be a voltage issue, so I tested my battery is good, hooked it up to a charger, and made sure the tuner is up to date. No change. Called SCT. They pulled the stock file and looked at it and said it looks fine and said it was probably the cable, or I could send the tuner to them and have them look at for problems for $200. I bought a new cable, and same error. I unlocked my tuner and had VMP make me a PATS disabled tune so I could try it with a different ECU. Now it comes up with error "110BE Unable to unlock vehicle" when trying to flash either ECU. The car does start on the original ECU, but of course runs hella rich. I'm a little bit scared, because the handful of threads I've found around the web from years past basically end with "and my ECU was f***ed and SCT was no help" I've got it doing the same thing with 2 different ECUs though and the original ECU still works, the tuner just can't flash anything to either of them.. So I'm leaning towards it being an issue with the tuner. I tried calling SCT again today, but apparently they are closed. So I'll try back Monday and see what they say.
In the meantime, anybody have ideas of what to try? Or anyone experience this and get it solved without taking it to the dealer? Thanks for anyone who took the time to read through all this.

Last edited:

sonicblue232

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked, it's all up to date and the firmware and software are the same version. Still no luck.

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm so glad I ditched sct. My hand held bricked 2 or 3 times in just a couple years time and required being sent to them for repairs. Everytime was after an update or something by them, never once a fault of mine own. I lost a lot of time and money on repairs of them.

You might check on Facebook, there is a guy that buys used sct handhelds that are married or needs repair. He might be able to help.

sonicblue232

Thanks. I'll look into that if SCT can't get it fixed over the phone tomorrow, because I'm getting the sense it's the tuner itself and not anything wrong with the car or ECU and I don't really want to pay them more money to fix something that just shouldn't be happening and they should be fixing for free when it does. What do you use for tuning now?

ravennikaido

Thanks. I'll look into that if SCT can't get it fixed over the phone tomorrow, because I'm getting the sense it's the tuner itself and not anything wrong with the car or ECU and I don't really want to pay them more money to fix something that just shouldn't be happening and they should be fixing for free when it does. What do you use for tuning now?
Do you solved the problem I have the same issue..

Users who are viewing this thread