SCT X4 110BE error message

blownfox

Established Member
Has anyone seen this message before? I purchased the SCT device new from LMR and was trying to upload a custom tune to my car. I am also working with the company that provided me the tune but I also wanted to reach out to the SVTP community.

This is the exact error message...upload error# 110BE unable to unlock vehicle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

blownfox

Established Member
I figured it out and I now know why the previous owner sold the car so quickly.

blownfox

Established Member
This is me just guessing but the car had a custom tune on it but didn't have the tuning device. Since the car did not come with that device, I cannot return the car back to stock and/or upload my new tune. Today, I tried to flash the computer back to stock but the Ford Tech kept getting kicked out. He said the computer was locked down and I needed the original device to set the car back to stock.

The previous owner talked about tuning the car but then just put the car up for sale as it was too nice to mod. The fact is he could not tune the car and sold it as a great condition car. I guess I should have known better to buy a car that was for sale a month prior and did not have the tuner.

The car came with a dyno sheet with a previous owners name and if I'm lucky (which I have not been so far) they still have the stock tune on file. They are supposed to call me back when then owner/tuner is back at the shop on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread