SCT X3 tuning a SC Saleen

00WHTSC281

Established Member
Tried to get a tune for my 2000 SC Saleen. My strategy code was SC99FMAU. The SCT tuner did not know this code. Most fords are 7 digits, mine is eight. Long story short my tuner is saying Saleen locked their tune. I downloaded my stock tune and sent it to SCT and they are trying to unlock it. I cant be the only guy this has happened too. Any info would be great.:fm:

2002BLGT

Established Member
Tried to get a tune for my 2000 SC Saleen. My strategy code was SC99FMAU. The SCT tuner did not know this code. Most fords are 7 digits, mine is eight. Long story short my tuner is saying Saleen locked their tune. I downloaded my stock tune and sent it to SCT and they are trying to unlock it. I cant be the only guy this has happened too. Any info would be great.:fm:

Might be easier to just get a GT computer if you do not want to wait

00WHTSC281

Established Member
SCT got it. Only took two days. New dyno day is now Mon. 30th.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

99BOSS

Established Member
Glad you got it worked out. Ive been wanting to get my S351 dyno tuned too one day but Ive heard Saleen locks their tunes. However, Ive heard some top notch SCT tuning shops have been able to get around these locks no prob. Guess it depends on your tuner. Thats a pretty quick turn around though by SCT. Good deal! Let us know how much better the car runs over the Saleen tune. Im curious as to how good a stock Saleen tune is. On my car, Ive heard there is a lot to be desired, not sure about the S281SC's

00WHTSC281

Established Member
By what I have read Saleen supercharged cars from 99-02 had their tunes locked. I still have a series I blower, but I had it stage 6 ported by stiegemeier. I had extrude hone port and polish my intake plenum and manifold. I also upgraded all my cooling mods, intercooler, heat exchanger, tank. I also have a fenderwell cold air intake, 75mm tb, and 66mm pulley. Matching fuel upgrades. Im hoping for around 375rwhp.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread