SCT X3 - how to load new tune? VMP install

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Guys: I am attempting to install my VMP Gen II today. I have the new tune file from BJ at VMP, but, when I connect the SCT X3 to my laptop, nothing happens. The X3 does light up, but it is not showing any connection to the computer? How do i get the tune file onto the X3?

Thanks!!!

Speedboosted

Established Member
Hold down the cancel button while plugging in the usb cable. That has worked for me a couple times. Otherwise hook it up to the car first, then plug the usb cable in, then check connections in live link just for the sole purpose of seeing if it's connecting in all the places it should be.

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Thanks, i got it. Strange, seems like I already had a newer version of the software than what I could download. Not sure how that is possible....??? Worked. Now I just need f'n bolts for the pulley that we not included. :fm:

Speedboosted

Established Member
Thanks, i got it. Strange, seems like I already had a newer version of the software than what I could download. Not sure how that is possible....??? Worked. Now I just need f'n bolts for the pulley that we not included. :fm:

Lol, I noticed your other post. That is unfortunate for sure. If I was home i could go check the sizes for you, but sadly I am not. I'm assuming you're talking about the quick change pulley bolts?

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Lol, I noticed your other post. That is unfortunate for sure. If I was home i could go check the sizes for you, but sadly I am not. I'm assuming you're talking about the quick change pulley bolts?

Yes, VMP was GREAT! They had already responded by Sunday night and the bolts were shipped this AM. Awesome service!

Users who are viewing this thread