sct x3 help

1 srt4 U

Established Member
Just ordered this off of a forum from a member. I plugged it into my 2011 GT to load the custom tune and it would not recognize the vehicle. I downloaded the program from the sct website and tried to do the most recent update and it still wouldnt work. There was no disc included when i bought it. thanks.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Sounds like it's not unlocked. Still locked onto his vin. Sct charges 150 bucks to unlock them. Is it saying wrong vehicle?

1 srt4 U

Established Member
No it is saying that the vehicle cant be read. It is unlocked when I look under status it says the tuner is unlocked. Another thing from looking on SCT's site. The part number on the front of my tuner is 3000. But when I enter the number from the back it tells me the model is the sf3. Both of which can be used for the 2011.

1 srt4 U

Established Member
Sorry, forgot to add that the only way to get to the pages with the downloads is by wha you enter from the product code. Giving me the sf3 options only.

1 srt4 U

Established Member
No i did not. So I am assuming my best bet is to get a custom tune from livernois, lethal, evolution etc. And have them email me one for my vin correct? These where my original plans for the tuner in the first place. I dont know why i thought I could just plug it in and upload one of the base tunes from the device to my car.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Is there tunes under the custom menu?! Sct canned tunes are under strategy if I remember correctly. Try to load one of those and see if it works. If it does then those custom tunes are locked to that guys vin.

1 srt4 U

Established Member
Is there tunes under the custom menu?! Sct canned tunes are under strategy if I remember correctly. Try to load one of those and see if it works. If it does then those custom tunes are locked to that guys vin.

Yes there are three. Custom, Custom+fuel, and MMR.

But the tuner says it is unclocked and still says has 3 unlocks left. So.? I asked him and he said those tunes are programmed to his vehicle but the tuner is still unlocked. I think I am just going to get a mail order tune to my vin download it to the tuner and put it on my car.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
you should be able to load the SCT canned tunes, which should be under strategy tunes as stated above... but i would still recommend getting a custom e-mail tune for your specific mods.

kevinp

Established Member
P/N 3000 doesnt have the strategy tunes and only holds 3 custom tunes, 3015 has the canned SCT tune along with three custom tunes. If the custom tunes are not for your ECU code then they will do you no good.

Its all pretty confusing since a lot of them say 'X3' on them and they are SF3s (newest ones dont say neither, just SCT), but if it was a 3015 it would have the 'strategy tune' option along with 'custom tune' and 'return to stock.' As far as I know they are the same thing other than that.

Users who are viewing this thread