SCT Tuner

NavStar

Established Member
I have a SCT tuner that I used on my 2007 Shelby GT500... I no longer have the GT, can I still use that tuner on my new 2011 GT? Or can I sell the tuner or once used its no good for other cars???

stang1971

Established Member
I have a SCT tuner that I used on my 2007 Shelby GT500... I no longer have the GT, can I still use that tuner on my new 2011 GT? Or can I sell the tuner or once used its no good for other cars???
yep... just upgrade it on sct's website... im using the one i had on my 04 cobra on my 2011.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
you can still use the tuner if you returned your gt500 back to the stock tune before you got rid of it...

SicShelby09

Banned
Im in the same exact spot with my tuner. But I forgot to unlock it from the car when I traded it in. Mine is an SF3 which is preloaded with tunes for all kinds of fords. All I need to do is sent it to SCT to be unlocked, then upgrade to the latest preloaded tunes and I will have a working tuner for my new 11 GT. Better to pay the unlock at $150 and a custom tune for $100, then buy a new tuner at $300 atleast.

NavStar

Established Member
So since I did not return the car to stock I will have to send it out for a reload?

If I can ge the new owner to let me return it to stock, then all I need to do is upload new programs for the 2011 GT?

nocobrafornow

Established Member
was the tune on the Shelby just a can tune or custom tuned for a pulley and other mods. if it is a custom tune, personaly i think you should have given the tuner to the new owner, because if you go back and put the stock tune back in then he has to spend money he shouldn't have to. but thats my opinion

NavStar

Established Member
It was a can tune and it was sold to a dealer (trade in for my 1 yo daughter, only reason i would get rid of my GT500)... Dealer is going to return it to stock and give me back my tuner... No major mods other then a CAI...

Users who are viewing this thread