SCT SF3/X3 programmer question

the Terminator

Established Member
This tuner holds 3 custom tunes from Bama, which they load onto the tuner when you buy it after getting all your mod info:

Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes (99-04 Cobra, Mach 1) 3015||38018 - Free Shipping!

My question is; can I still change things like idle rpm, two-step; rev limiters; etc or does this tuner simply just allow me to toggle between the 3 pre-loaded tunes? I realize that if I have something like my gears changed, they will send me a free tune that I can load with new settings for the gear swap, but I want to be able to change this stuff myself and not be at the mercy of the programmer guys at Bama (no offense to them). I know the normal SCT X3 tuner allows you to change everything but I feel like this might be a variation that leaves everything out of my control. It would be cool to have 3 custom tunes to choose from, but I only want it if I get all the other features of the x3.

Anybody have experience with this?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
This tuner holds 3 custom tunes from Bama, which they load onto the tuner when you buy it after getting all your mod info:

Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes (99-04 Cobra, Mach 1) 3015||38018 - Free Shipping!

My question is; can I still change things like idle rpm, two-step; rev limiters; etc or does this tuner simply just allow me to toggle between the 3 pre-loaded tunes? I realize that if I have something like my gears changed, they will send me a free tune that I can load with new settings for the gear swap, but I want to be able to change this stuff myself and not be at the mercy of the programmer guys at Bama (no offense to them). I know the normal SCT X3 tuner allows you to change everything but I feel like this might be a variation that leaves everything out of my control. It would be cool to have 3 custom tunes to choose from, but I only want it if I get all the other features of the x3.

Anybody have experience with this?

they will send the programmer to you with the 3 tunes already on it. yes, you will be able to load whichever tune that you prefer. each tune will load with the setups that they have set in the tune...however, YES you will still also be able to go into the tune, and make your own adjustments if you want.

the Terminator

Established Member
Oh okay great, I watched that little video on the webpage and they made it seem like you couldn't.

Now if I took this tuner to a local shop, would they be able to erase the Bama tunes and write me a set of custom dyno tunes? Or are the Bama tunes locked in there?

Franchi

Established Member
Actually, it depends if Bama locks out their tunes or not. Some tuners lock out that stuff and some do not. I know with my Brenspeed dyno tune I can adjust that, but I've had other tuners from various places where I could not adjust it.

You could prob just call and ask if they lock those adjustable options or not.

But yes, you could easily replace the entire tune later on should you get a dyno tune.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Actually, it depends if Bama locks out their tunes or not. Some tuners lock out that stuff and some do not. I know with my Brenspeed dyno tune I can adjust that, but I've had other tuners from various places where I could not adjust it.

You could prob just call and ask if they lock those adjustable options or not.

But yes, you could easily replace the entire tune later on should you get a dyno tune.

We are talking about replacing the actual tune files on the device. Not the options inside the tune itself.

Franchi

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread