SCT programmer newbie

nw_rockhound

Established Member
I have an opportunity to purchase an opened package SCT SF3 for a good deal. Guy says it was not used on any vehicles.

If I were interested in this for small upgrades on my Cobra, is it worth having?
If I were to purchase this thing: how many vehicles can you "marry" this with? And, anything I should be wary of while purchasing from a stranger?

Thanks, David

01yellercobra

Established Member
Depends on how much he's asking for it. It's worth having for future use. You can only use it on one vehicle at a time.

nw_rockhound

Established Member
Depends on how much he's asking for it. It's worth having for future use. You can only use it on one vehicle at a time.
He is asking $105, been bugging me for about a week since I inquired. So, if his "brother" did use it on a truck, how hard is it to undo his and make this work with my Cobra?

decipha

Established Member
he has to unmarry it from the vehicle in order to unlock it or else send it to sct for a couple hundred bucks they will reset it

96gt02

Established Member
make sure its unmarried or else its worthless

nw_rockhound

Established Member
Thanks for the info. It was his brother's. He does not know if it has been married, sounds like a mess. The truck his brother bought it for was totaled, he does not know if it was used on the truck.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you can't verify it's unlocked I'd pass. $105 would be a good price. But then if you need to send it in to be unlocked that's another $150. Which puts you in new tuner price range.

Users who are viewing this thread