SCT Pro Racer

CAT600

Clutchless T56 is GO!
Established Member
Hey guys'

Was wondering who has had much success with this package tuning their own car? My tuner, who is a good friend of mine, Uses SCT on our Aussie Fords, but does not have access to U.S. files. He said he might be able to pay to get a license to tune an '04 Cobra EEC, but I thought If I bought the Pro Racer for an AMZ1 processor, then we could just tune it with the wideband on the dyno as per normal and I could learn to tune at the same time. My main concern is that the Pro Racer may not give as many tuning options as the full dealer package. Can anybody shed some light on this?

Daniel.

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
i have prp i love it i dont know about the comparison but i know it is pretty much the same as the dealers except it only has one processor code...because it runs of the same software...Advantage 3

04CobraMatt

Established Member
CAT600 said:
Hey guys'

Was wondering who has had much success with this package tuning their own car? My tuner, who is a good friend of mine, Uses SCT on our Aussie Fords, but does not have access to U.S. files. He said he might be able to pay to get a license to tune an '04 Cobra EEC, but I thought If I bought the Pro Racer for an AMZ1 processor, then we could just tune it with the wideband on the dyno as per normal and I could learn to tune at the same time. My main concern is that the Pro Racer may not give as many tuning options as the full dealer package. Can anybody shed some light on this?

Daniel.

I have it to, I dont regret purchasing it at all.

From what i understand the differences in settings is minimal, definatly nothing to do with the tuning part. With a wideband you dont even need dyno time, just find a long quiet road and start loggin'.

CAT600

Clutchless T56 is GO!
Established Member
Does anybody know if you can switch the fuel system over to a return style via the Pro-Racer? The Sniper commando can do it, so the SCT software can hopefully do it as well. If this can happen, I will just set my Cobra engine up to run a return fuel system and save me buying two FPDM's to run dual GT pumps.

Daniel

Last edited:

MikeW

Established Member
I have it but use it only with the advice of my tuner.

It should be able to be set up for a return style system.

You may want to ask on sctflash.com or get with a vendor that sells the PRP with support. RWTD and other vendors have areas on their site to help support users of the PRP.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'd suggest you contact SCT directly.

www.sctflash.com

Visit their forum there to get the best answers and search as well.

There is supposed to be *very* nominal difference between the PR and a true dealer's software. The deal with the PR is that you're locked to one computer and have to pay for successive units (i.e. if you want to tune more than one car...you need another Livewire or Xcal)

Last edited:

CAT600

Clutchless T56 is GO!
Established Member
hpbyhermann said:
That is how I have it on my car. Change a couple of switches in the tune and your set! Hermann:beer:

Thanks Hermann. You are getting some killer powerdown there! what ET and Trap you getting?

Daniel

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
SCT PRP FTW! There is nothing like fine taking the time to fine tune your car and get the very most out of it.

-Jeff

CAT600

Clutchless T56 is GO!
Established Member
Bit of a bump on this. Anybody know if the Pro Racer can disable/bypass the P.A.T.S.? I want to run the Aussie "Smartlock" that is currently on the car by retaining the Stock PCM as well as the Cobra one.

Daniel

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
Yes, the PATS system can also be disabled

CAT600 said:
Bit of a bump on this. Anybody know if the Pro Racer can disable/bypass the P.A.T.S.? I want to run the Aussie "Smartlock" that is currently on the car by retaining the Stock PCM as well as the Cobra one.

Daniel
To answer your earlier question about my trap speeds and E.T.'S i've yet to have time to get to the track but conditions here are horrible right now, greasy starting line due to it still being the hot season here in Florida. I won't waste my time until it cools off here. But I expect mid 9's at 140 plus.:thumbsup: Hermann

CAT600

Clutchless T56 is GO!
Established Member
hpbyhermann said:
To answer your earlier question about my trap speeds and E.T.'S i've yet to have time to get to the track but conditions here are horrible right now, greasy starting line due to it still being the hot season here in Florida. I won't waste my time until it cools off here. But I expect mid 9's at 140 plus.:thumbsup: Hermann

Thanks for both answers Hermann. Mid 9's is cookin' :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread