SCT no closed loop issue

NosLaser

Established Member
Car is a 1997 Cobra, I'll try to get the important details down here.

Forged motor, On3 Turbo kit, 60lb injectors, hxpe mass air in a 3.5" tube

Car is "tooned" with garbage sct, absolutely will not go into closed loop. Brand new Ford O2's, new Ford coolant temp sensors, thermactor turned off, the tune is not set to all 0's forcing open loop, egr turned off, etc. Starts and idles smooth, afr will stay in like the mid 12's (obviously because the O2's aren't switching) not trimming fuel obviously...

We've been up and down this tune and I'm out of leads. Bad pcm? There has to be someone out there who has had this issue and there is some stupid value in SCT's stock file or something that needed to be changed. Any help would be appreciated.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
While I don't have an actual answer, I had a similar problem with my '97. It would take a long time for it to go into closed loop. My car is also tuned with SCT. I'm curious if it's just the particular ECM; my car has the LLX4. Is yours the same one?

I don't know if the tuner did anything to "fix" it.

I know this doesn't exactly help, but, you aren't alone.

NosLaser

Established Member
Yeah, LLX4, CDAN4 strategy code. Just sucks because I've heard the SCT software for these cars is exceptionally buggy, and to my knowledge there is no HP Tuners interface for the 96-98 cars yet, and Diablo is even worse. My gut is telling me it is something in the parameters somewhere that you wouldn't even think to look, like something has an erroneous value that is forcing the car to stay in open loop.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
I had this same exact issue after deleting egr and sai. You need to have the setting disabled in the pcm for that stuff.

As soon as they did that car went into closed loop immediately.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

NosLaser

Established Member
I had this same exact issue after deleting egr and sai. You need to have the setting disabled in the pcm for that stuff.

As soon as they did that car went into closed loop immediately.

Disabled other than in the tune? Because we have both of those turned off in the tune at least.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
They're was some setting in the tune. The first tuner couldn't figure it out.

The second guy i had tune it took him s little while but he figured it out and it went into closed loop as soon as he changed it.

I think he said it was called attenuator something in the pcm can't remember but it wasn't obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread