SCT Livewire TS Error Code 110b8 Failed Upload

k2cmach1

Established Member
Hey all, hoping someone can give me some insight on the issue I’m having while trying to program the vehicle. Here’s a little background on the car. 04 31k, stock pulley, JLT intake, Bassani x-pipe,Borla Stingers. When I purchased the car it came with an SCT livewire TS. I was told the car was tuned for the current mods, but there was a custom 2.76 pulley tune on the device as well. The previous owner said he never got around to buying the pulley before selling the car. So I finally accumulated some parts for the car and decided I wanted to install everything.

Just as a safe measure I wanted to check the SCT device to see if it needed an update. I installed the SCT device updater to my computer. Connected the Livewire via the USB cord, and checked the device for updates. Closed the program then disconnected the device. I proceeded to return the vehicle to the stock file and went to update the device. The SCT updater took a while to finish, but everything seemed normal. The device reset after the download completed. After all that I try to upload the custom tune file to the car and an error code 110B8 displays after the first key off/on cycle while in programming mode. It reads “error has occurred while saving stock vehicle data.”

After doing some research on the code all I could find was possibly a voltage issue while programming the car. I uninstalled my double din pioneer radio (only thing I’ve changed since purchasing the car). Put my jump box on the car while looking at device info and it showed 12.3v. Tried once more to program both the preloaded/custom tune file.. No dice.. I’ve spent countless hours on the phone with SCT tech support and they keep referring me back to an issue with the car. I thought maybe the stock tune file was corrupted so had a buddy at my local Ford dealer reflash back to stock. Checked my fuses with a multi meter in both under hood/In dash junction block. All were okay. The strange part is now the SCT device shows multiple DTCS, but when I checked with a Mac scanner no DTCS were shown. Codes were P1000, P1001, P1760, P0753. I’ve inspected the pins on both the SCT cord and OBD port. Everything appears normal.

Am I just overlooking something simple here or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

k2cmach1

Established Member
Apologize forgot to update. Well after all the troubleshooting I could not find an issue with the car. I decided to buy a used predator just to see if it would communicate, and boom! Worked first try. Ended up sending the livewire in for sct to diagnose, but have not heard back yet.

black04cobrax

Established Member
That seems to be where I am at. I have a friend with a diablosport, I am going to hopefully try this week. Just sucks because I paid 600 for a paper weight.

Users who are viewing this thread