SCT Issue

bmitchell373

Established Member
SCT Issue UPDATE FROM SCT

I have a X3 and I had the stragety tune on my car been running fine. I went to change a few options in it today, and it failed to load, gave me a error and said return to stock. Tried that wouldn't do it. It seems in this process it screwed with the anti theft. I cant start my car anymore. I downloaded the new updater, saying there was a problem with return to stock function. Well loading the new firmware as I type. But I worry my stock tune was erased of my tuner. Tried to save it but it wouldn't let me find it on the tuner to save.

Last edited:

2k3Mach

Established Member
Should have searched for answers before updating... apparently if you unplug battery for about 20 min it was working (at least I believe).. anyway, updating firmware will probably force you to send tool back to act and/or get a tune sent to you

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

bmitchell373

Established Member
Should have searched for answers before updating... apparently if you unplug battery for about 20 min it was working (at least I believe).. anyway, updating firmware will probably force you to send tool back to act and/or get a tune sent to you

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I only updated after trying to change a setting in the tune failed. I tried to reset everything, but the pats is messed up so i cant even upload a new tune.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Please call into SCT and talk with them, may need to send in the X3 and pcm if they can't resolve it in tech. It's very important that before any tunes are loaded that the tune device is at its latest calibration/ update level.

bmitchell373

Established Member
Im on hold right now, i updated it when i put it on the car the first time. My fault for not going and saving the stock file immediately. But im worried that since the pats is messed up i will have to send it in.

bmitchell373

Established Member
Issue fixed. SCT customer service is top notch. I called sct as soon as they opened and within a hour they had it figured out, wrote me a stock tune. Loaded it and worked flawless. Got the newest update on the handheld and loaded the new strategy tune. All is good.

From talking to the SCT tech I figured out what went wrong. When loading a tune do not cause any power draw. Do not open the door, turn on the radio, plug in a cell phone, etc... Also save your stock tune on your pc. And anytime updating your handheld with new firmware, always return the car to stock first. There was a new firmware replaced this morning and it is supposed to have all the bugs worked out.

bmitchell373

Established Member
With the SCT Device Updater, there is a button under Advanced operations on the main page. "Get stock file from device".

Users who are viewing this thread