sct help (stuck in parking lot)

bmitchell373

Established Member
Ok I ran threw this before with sct. I have there master back up file saved. Trying to return to stock after upload failed. I tell it to return to stock. It says turn key on, I do and tuner dosent advance. Try select, nothing. Am I missing something. When svt helped me with the last lock up, he gave me the stock file for my car, and it was saved in the tuner but will not load to stock. But it is the same one I used last time to return to stock and it worked fine. Wtf? Please help

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Ouch, disconnect the battery for 15 minutes, if you have a laptop available plug the sct into that when you try to return to stock.

bmitchell373

Established Member
After fail I did upload master stock file to handheld, but car will not let me upload. And no tools.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Wiggle twist and pull.. get one of the cables off. Life's gonna suck if you can't. Been there done that unfortunately.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
What were you doing to cause this? Your best shot would be to take a battery cable off.

bmitchell373

Established Member
I called SCT this morning, he looked at the tuner via remote, and said its all current. Ok why dosent it work. Did a hard reset/reformat. Then upload stock tune to handheld and went to try. Notta. So he said plug it back in to pc. He sent me another firmware (beta version). he told me this was a update just for the 2011+ mustang 5.0s. Did that went to car. took just like it shoulda. 3 years these have been out and still have bugs....... But their customer service is fantastic so its all good.

bmitchell373

Established Member
Once i got there recovery file I saved it on 2 comps. But there firmware updates need to stop "hick up ing". Ive heard a few people had to send them in. Don't see why, it shouldnt be able to "damage" anything.

bmitchell373

Established Member
Ok. Last ****ing straw. Got the stock tune fixed yea. Went to upload strategy again. Fail. Return to stock fail. I'm kinda ****ing pissed now

bmitchell373

Established Member
Was able to save it this time. Was at the track. Had to reformat the handheld after reloading the sct software (thank god for wireless at the track) then upload stock then to car. I think I am done using the SCT.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
That is a little ridiculous. Makes me happy I dont own a 2011+.

bmitchell373

Established Member
That is a little ridiculous. Makes me happy I dont own a 2011+.

Has nothing to do with the car, SCT has had problems with the firmware for the 2011+ Mustangs. I used SCT on my other Fords without 1 issue. And yes your older car (with Gameboy level security) is easier to tune. Every year they make it more difficult to tune. But I havent heard of any other tuners having problems, but more people support SCT and there customer service is the best i think i have ever come across.

And yes, (with the best mustangs ever made), the options and things you can do with the custom tunes are remarkable. Ford gave us a truly amazing engine and PCM to work with. The TI-VCT allows you to have several cam profiles in the same engine!! Totally controllable. The 4.6 4V is an amazing motor. But you have to buy $1000+ set of cams. Vs I can "turn them up" to make power where I want.

I am still pissed this is happening, but I will not change. Just carry my dam laptop charger with me next time!!

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Why are guys updating firmware? If it worked before why update? Same thing goes for Apple and other electronic devices. Don't jump into new software unil it's out of Beta and on version X.1 or X.2

All these SCT threads seem to be after a firmware update. Does SCT and everyone else not see the common denominator?

Last edited:

bmitchell373

Established Member
Why are guys updating firmware? If it worked before why update? Same thing goes for Apple and other electronic devices. Don't jump into new software unil it's out of Beta and on version X.1 or X.2

All these SCT threads seem to be after a firmware update. Does SCT and everyone else not see the common denominator?

In my case I never updated the firmware befor a crash. I would have to update, reload stock then back to stragity tune. All would go well. Then I would try to change rev limit then it would crash. So I have to reformat with new firmware, reload stock the upload current stragity again.

Users who are viewing this thread