SCT handheld issue after update

SirKing

Established Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First a little about the car....p1sc kit, cobra pumps/tank, slp catback, kb bap, Maf.ia., SCT Handheld with custom dyno tunes.

Today a friend and I wired my KB Boost a Pump along with the wire upgrade. Everything went smooth.

We decided that we were going to go out and do some datalogging to adjust the bap accordingly. We grabbed my SCT handheld and a lap top. While trying to load the datalogging software SCT indicated that I needed to do a system update before going any further. I downloaded the latest update from SCT Livewire. Thats when the issues start.......

We reload my custom tune and hit the road. The SCT is plugged into the car and the lap top. We were mainly going to monitor the fuel pump duty cycle and maf counts. As I'm driving down the road my gauges (speedo, rpm, heat, etc.) starting bouncing all over the place. The check engine light also started flashing on and off. Similar to when a alternator is going out (I have a brand new alternator). So we make the trip back home and reload my custom tune which seemed to fix the problem.

After reloading the custom tune the datalogging software would not load for some reason. It wouldn't give me an error message or anything it just refused to work. After messing around with this for a while we decided to ditch the lap top and just monitor the fuel pump duty cycle through the SCT handheld.

We start driving down the road and my gauges start acting up again and the handheld freezes. GREAT!. So we ditch the handheld and drive the car home normal. Gauges didn't act up after ditching the handheld.

I'm at a lost and extremely frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions or similar experiences that could possibly help me out.

Users who are viewing this thread