SCT Flip chip won't work

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
Drove the car to see my girlfriend at work. Car drove just fine. Started like a champ and had no issues.

Went to leave and it turned and turned and turned and when it actually did start it sounded like pooh and stalled out a few seconds later.

Had the car towed home last night and I can't figure it out. I have a MAF calibrated for 39 lbs injectors but actually run 60 lbs injectors, so without a tune, the car runs PIG rich and when I try to crank it, it just POURS fuel out of the exhaust.

It has done this once before, but when it did it was at the shop that was putting in the cage. They called my tuner and figured it out. However, my tuner is on vacation right now so I'm SOL as far as getting information from him.

I called SCT and they just told me to make sure that the connections were clean and that the chip was all the way on. I disconnected and reconnected everything in sight and nothing changed.

Anyone have any idea what my tuner may have told the shop to do to reset it back to the custom tune? The cage shop can't really remember exactly what they did.

Car is a Mach 1, not that it's really relevant.

Users who are viewing this thread