SCT Files, general inquiries before I start calling SCT

jordansypek

Established Member
SCT Files, general inquiries before I start calling around for help

Hey guys, I don't get a lot of time to be on Forums as much as I used to with a hectic schedule. So I apologize for not being a bigger contributor to this site in advance. I been in the Ford game for many years, and was very active on a lot of forums. I still have a few of my cars, but It's been a while since I've done a lot of forum lurking and contributions.. Life, work... etc...

Basically I got my first tune back in like 2002, JW flew out to CT and Flashed my car directly. Several years later I got a 97 Cobra, which I still have. JW Flew back out and worked with my then room-mate Chris Schoen-Kiewert, AKA (Chris95SVT on a lot of the forums for those that knew him.) I was familiar with JW as he supplied me with my separator plate for my 4r70W back on a different car, with all the JW's mods etc. Long story short I've never let anybody else touch my cars when it comes to tuning besides JW or Chris. Obviously Chris being as good as he was as a tuner, and him being relatively accessible, he would flash my 4-bank chip directly, and this was all before the hand-helds.

Eventually I wanted to get a hand-held, but didn't have the need at the time for the Cobra. Emissions came eventually, and Chris as generous as he was, had my files on his laptop, would flash my car back to factory, I'd do the mods, get through emissions, and vice versa. Cobra was pretty stock except for the MILs being turned down due to the off-road x-pipe, so swapping pipes and tunes was a regular practice.

At one point I left it stock, and just didn't have the time to get things back to my off-road x-pipe and his tune setup, and left my car this way till today. 2012 we lost Chris in an accident, and honestly I never even cared to think about dealing with my Cobra since that day amongst other things.

Fast forward to last week, I was doing a major house cleaning and moving a lot of my stored data and flash drives, etc. to a NAS I built in my house, and I discovered a directory that may have my tune files within it. I pretty much gave up the idea of getting Chris' tune back on my car when he passed, but finding this file was kind of an sign of some sorts, and he used to always give me lip about not driving my Cobra enough.

So finally after my novel above, does anybody have any idea if .300 file extensions tie back to any form of SCT tuning in the past??? I know a lot of guys on here have SCT tuning knowledge past and present, It would mean the world to me if I could get my car back dialed in how CSK did it for me. He was my roomie, one of my best friends, and we shared a similar passion for Sn95's and Mustangs before he moved on to way more awesome and challenging projects that made him one of the best tuners in this country.

Thank you all for your time.
Jordan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread