Sct error locked ecu help

uaegt500

Established Member
hi guys i was trying to switch tune on my gt500 2012 with my sct and i got an error while uploading the tune not the first time this happened to me now the car is not even cranking and the security light keep flashing i called justin from vmp and he told me to call sct which i called and they couldnt do anything with it although i have tried every method, now the car is at the dealer and they want to change the ecu for about 3k they said its blank and not committing with thier software:fm: what do you guys think about this ? and if i buy a new ecu or used one will work or does it need tuning or programming ?
thanks
abdul

Last edited:

TRDon

Established Member
It is a programming issue on the sct end or the tuner. It happened to my friend and he called sct and they gave home a new stock base tune to reset the computer and redid the tune from there, but at least he could start the car again and it wasn't locked up. I don't think you talked to the right guy ar sct.

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
i tried this it didnt work

Put a battery charger on it and get the voltage up to full before you start. The "SCT bricked my ECU" problem is often, but not always, an issue with low battery voltage.

uaegt500

Established Member
Put a battery charger on it and get the voltage up to full before you start. The "SCT bricked my ECU" problem is often, but not always, an issue with low battery voltage.

i put a jumper and it didnt work looks like i need a new ecu

bigjeezy04

White Mammoth
Established Member
did u try putting the factory tune back on the car? since u have different software on the ecu thats why ford cant read it... and i dis-connect the battery for a couple of hours in my car or let the battery drain so its completely dead and it usually resets my ecu..

91z28350

Established Member
I had an upload fail on one of my custom tunes. I used the SCT to reinstall factory tune, then was able to flash my custom tune back in.

uaegt500

Established Member
did u try putting the factory tune back on the car? since u have different software on the ecu thats why ford cant read it... and i dis-connect the battery for a couple of hours in my car or let the battery drain so its completely dead and it usually resets my ecu..

i did try to put the stock tune back but it keeps failing , now ill try to drain the battery

uaegt500

Established Member
I had an upload fail on one of my custom tunes. I used the SCT to reinstall factory tune, then was able to flash my custom tune back in.

they tried everything they even formatted my SCT and still failing

Last edited:

Michael55123

Established Member
Did you get a recovery file from SCT? I went through this SAME thing about 2 weeks ago. SCT was extremely helpful but my ecu was DEAD. I even sent my ECU to SCT along with my programmer and they put it on the bench and verified it was indeed dead. They offered to take care of me, but my car was still under warranty. I put the ecu back in, called ford road side assistance and they replaced it at not charge to me, and took care of some other issues. If it's DEAD they have no way of knowing it was tuned/etc...

uaegt500

Established Member
Did you get a recovery file from SCT? I went through this SAME thing about 2 weeks ago. SCT was extremely helpful but my ecu was DEAD. I even sent my ECU to SCT along with my programmer and they put it on the bench and verified it was indeed dead. They offered to take care of me, but my car was still under warranty. I put the ecu back in, called ford road side assistance and they replaced it at not charge to me, and took care of some other issues. If it's DEAD they have no way of knowing it was tuned/etc...

Yes I did, looks like the same thing is going on with my ecu , my car doesnt have warranty on it since I bought the car from usa and the car in uae right now , the dealer here wants to change every computer in this car they even want to change the dashboard not sure if thats the only way to make the car run again!

Michael55123

Established Member
No that's incorrect. You only need the PCM, which isn't cheap, but isn't 3k. It's about 700-800 USD. then the dealer will need your keys and to program it with IDS. If mine wasn't covered under warranty it would of been 1100 bucks. See if the SCT guys will work with you?

uaegt500

Established Member
No that's incorrect. You only need the PCM, which isn't cheap, but isn't 3k. It's about 700-800 USD. then the dealer will need your keys and to program it with IDS. If mine wasn't covered under warranty it would of been 1100 bucks. See if the SCT guys will work with you?

ive been talking to the sct guys and they want me to ship my ecu and my programmer i guess they will take care of everything even the shipping , but i think when i get it back ill have to take it to the dealer to flash it thanks to SCT guys great customer service but still have to wait another 10 days or so to get it back and thanks everyone for the replays.

JoeyQ8

Hello buddy i sent ya an email about how to load it btw i dunno if it was a pm or an email cuz im new to the forums thing its in arabic check it out if ya need anything just pm me

uaegt500

Established Member
Hello buddy i sent ya an email about how to load it btw i dunno if it was a pm or an email cuz im new to the forums thing its in arabic check it out if ya need anything just pm me

i got it thank you bro but i already tried that and it didnt work

JoeyQ8

Just try it again and leave it for an hour check that everything closed then load it again BTW when it happened to me i tried more than 4 times all of em was a failure and i retry the thing then the second day it loads the tune without any problem lol it was weird ,, try to load strategy tune it will start your car :)

uaegt500

Established Member
i just called sct and they told me that my pcm is dead and they are going to replace it with a new one they alo said that i dont have to program it or flash it at the dealer

Users who are viewing this thread