Sct BA2400 —> sct BA2600

Bullyent

Established Member
So my MAF just went out. Super rough idle. Rpm going 700-1300 up and and down up and down. Unplugged maf and it’s idle at normal. Just replaced IAC cause I thought it was that. Anyways, since the 2400 is discontinued, I have no choice but to get the 2600. Will I need a retune if it’s tuned for the 2400? Or is the 2600 just the same but more sturdy?

94slowbra1

Established Member
if you get a new maf you need a retune
are you sure its the maf? id check other things before you just go dropping money on it

Bullyent

Established Member
if you get a new maf you need a retune
are you sure its the maf? id check other things before you just go dropping money on it
Yeah I’m pretty sure it is. All vac lines are good I just put on a new IAC. I unplugged the maf and it runs perfectly. Plugged it back in and it goes back to the up and down idle

Bullyent

Established Member
cant answer that for you. id check with your tuner
Ya if it’s exact same maf no retune needed. I was worried because I was reading that the 2400 was discontinued and it was replaced with the 2600 but the 2400 is still made just by a different company now. Well same guy but I guess he split from sct or something

Denver_SVT

Established Member
to use SCT 2600 while you tune the car with SCT 2400 will not required a tune as their calibration from SCT the same which they are 0.47 % more than stock MAF. To use different manufacture MAF than SCT I think it will be all depends of the MAF calibration they did if it's similar to SCT or different. If it is similar no re-tune required and if not it will require a MAF tune for proper calibration. A datalog will tell you once you install it if it require a tune or not.

GodStang

Established Member
Ya if it’s exact same maf no retune needed. I was worried because I was reading that the 2400 was discontinued and it was replaced with the 2600 but the 2400 is still made just by a different company now. Well same guy but I guess he split from sct or something

I know when I had a 2400 back in 2005 it was made by Granitelli so it should be the same.

Bullyent

Established Member
to use SCT 2600 while you tune the car with SCT 2400 will not required a tune as their calibration from SCT the same which they are 0.47 % more than stock MAF. To use different manufacture MAF than SCT I think it will be all depends of the MAF calibration they did if it's similar to SCT or different. If it is similar no re-tune required and if not it will require a MAF tune for proper calibration. A datalog will tell you once you install it if it require a tune or not.
Sweet. Ya I read that the granatelli 2400 is still the same as the sct one. There was some issue that caused the two to split and that’s why sct makes 2600 and 3000 now. But granatelli still makes the 2400 and I just ordered one. The 2600 allows 8% more air from what I’ve read from other threads? Not too sure how accurate that is but I’d still get a tune for peace of mind.

Denver_SVT

Established Member
Sweet. Ya I read that the granatelli 2400 is still the same as the sct one. There was some issue that caused the two to split and that’s why sct makes 2600 and 3000 now. But granatelli still makes the 2400 and I just ordered one. The 2600 allows 8% more air from what I’ve read from other threads? Not too sure how accurate that is but I’d still get a tune for peace of mind.
The SCT 2800 allows 16-17% more airflow than the SCT 2400, so yes probably the 2600 will allows 8-9% more airflow than 2400.

Sent from my HUAWEI matte 20 pro

Users who are viewing this thread